Chapter Fifty-Five - Back in the closet

Cas (POV) *two months later

"Hello baby!" Mom says, hugging me tightly and kissing my cheek over and over again which makes me squirm.

"Ergh mom, ge'roff!" I splutter and laugh when she finally let's go of my and I rub my cheek.

"How have you been doing? Two months in this place and you look so much better Cas! You've got the colour back in your cheeks and your chub is back." She pokes my tummy and I laugh and shake my head.

"I'm doing great mom." I smile and nod. "I still get hot sweats and cravings but they're becoming less and less now." She smiled at puts her hands on my shoulders.

"I'm so proud of you for quitting, Castiel. You're finally turning your life around."

"Yeah, I feel so much better about myself. I'm not as paranoid, I don't feel as tired anymore. Sometimes though, the craving gets so bad that I'm sick." I frown and she cups my face.

"In another month, you'll be back to normal Cassie. You're slowly getting there. I know it takes time but stick with it and everything will look brighter."

"Thanks mom."

Dean (POV)

I wipe down some tables and speak to some of the regulars in the pub. They're talking to me about opening up a chain of the pubs across the state. I laugh and pat them on the shoulders

"Maybe in a million years guys." I laugh and the boo me jokingly. I clean their glasses and go back behind the bar and serve a few extra people.

"GUYS!" Sam shouted beside me and I jump and look at him to see him looking towards the door. I look to where he is looking and see Gabriel, Balthazar and Lucifer walking through the door.

"Hey guys!" I wave them over and they sit down on the stools at the bar.

"Hey losers how you both doing?" Gabriel asks and I grin and shrug.

"Fine? How's the band?" I ask, smiling at them all. I knew Cas wouldn't come, we had been keeping our distance from each other since 2 months ago.

"There is no band, Dean." Gabriel says and both Lucifer and Gabriel nudge him harshly and give him the 'look'.

"What? Why?" I ask, looking at all three of them wide eyed. They all shuffle uncomfortably in their seats as I stare them out. "Guys..."

"We promised we wouldn't say." Balthazar muttered and I look at him carefully before turning to Gabe. Gabriel always cracked, everyone knew that.

"Gabriel, why has the band split?"

"Gabriel don't you dare." Lucifer says as Gabriel goes red in the face.

"Cas is in rehab!" He blurts out loudly and everything goes silent. There's ringing in my ears and my head starts thudding wildly.

"W-what?" I stutter out, looking at the three brothers with wide eyes.

"He asked us not to tell you, Dean. He said something about steps and getting over you. He was talking crazy but it was working for him." Lucifer sighs, rubbing his forehead.

"He's in rehab and no one told me? How long as he been there?" I ask, my voice cracking roughly. Te three brothers look at each other awkwardly before turning back to me.

"Two months Dean." I hear Sam say and my head quickly snaps to him.

"Two months? And you know? How the hell do you know?!" I ask, my head reeling and spinning like i was about to be sick. "How could none of you tell me? Why would you do that?"