Chapter Fifty-Three - The First Step

Dean (POV)

It hurt. It hurt so badly. We were best friends all of our lives and lovers for four whole years and because of damn drugs he didn't even recognise me.

I don't know why I said yes. It was being in the bedroom with him for the first time in a year and a half. It was him looking at me like I was the only person in the world again. It was the way he touched me and smiled at me. I had dug my own grave with this one when I said yes and now I was going to have to lie in it.

I roll over and switch off the light with my back towards him, unable to bring myself to hold him close to me again after what had just happened. He himself made no move to hug me so there we lay, gradually falling to sleep in a bed with one another again but the only problem was, he had no idea who I was.

Cas (POV)

I wake with a start and as soon as I open my eyes, my brain swirls and bangs in my temple. I groan and sit up, rubbing my face with my hands before looking around the room.

Where the hell was I? I had never even been in this room in my life and yet here I was, sleeping it in. I look beside me and see a lump underneath the covers and sigh. I had done it again, I had slept with another random guy at a bar. I remembered it was a guy because of the low tone of his voice but that and his lips were all I remembered.

I slowly get out of his bed, not wanting to wake him up because I absolutely hated the whole ordeal of the 'awkward morning chat'. I slip into my sweaty clothes from the night before and stretch, wincing at the pain in my ass.

"Great." I mumble out, limping out of the bedroom and look around for the bathroom so I could wash my face and have a drink of water. There was no time for a shower, I just needed to get out of here and go back home.

After drying my face and walk out of the bathroom and into the living room, checking around the room to see if I had left anything on the floor. My phone was on the mantelpiece so I walk over and pick it up.

That was when I noticed the picture. My mouth fell open as I saw a picture of me, my family and deans family stood upon the mantelpiece as if it belonged there. My heart started thudding in my chest as confusion whirled around my head. Where was I?

I look at the picture carefully and gulp. Please let it be him. I slowly run my hand along the young face of both Dean and myself in the picture. Please let it be him. I turn around and look at the bedroom door. Please let it be him. I walk towards the door and slowly open it up. Please let it be him.

I stood in surprise when I realised the be was now empty. I look at it and look around the empty room. Where was he? Had he come out of the room when he heard me go to the bathroom? I step backwards out of the room and turn around when I hear something drop on the floor.

"Shhhhhh!!" I hear a voice say and walk back into the living room.

"Dean." I whisper out and he freezes before turning to look at me. He smiles awkwardly and gives me a little wave.

"Oh hey Cas, how you doing?" He asks pretending to be casual and I lift an eyebrow at him in amusement. "I was just trying to-"

"Get out of the flat before I came out of the bathroom." I finish and he stands up straight and nods. "I can't believe it was you..."

"Yeah well, it was a moment of weakness. Shan't happen again." He sniffs, leaning against a wall and rubbing his face in his hands. I nod my head sadly

"I-I'm sorry I don't-"

"Remember? Yeah, well that's what drugs do to you." He snaps and my whole body goes weak.