Chapter Forty-Six - A Letter to Home

Dean (POV) *a year later*

"YOU HAVE TO STOP!"

"OH SHUT UP!"

"YOU PROMISED!"

"ONLY BECAUSE YOU MADE ME!"

The words echoed around my head non-stop ever since I had left to go back home. I had never heard or seen him so angry before. He had three plates and glasses across the room and I had actually backed away from him, scared that he was going to lash out at me but I knew deep in my heart that he never would.

I barely see him anymore. He was famous now, that much was certain and our relationship had to be kept as secret as possible so I was hardly ever allowed to see him or go out with him. I could live with that however, what I couldn't live with was the drinking and drug taking. The mood swings, the cockiness and arrogance. It was as if fame had all of a sudden gotten to his head and now he thought he was invincible.

I sniff and wipe my wet eyes as I put the key in the door and enter my empty, dingy flat. I had saved up for it as I knew, because I was 23 years old now that I had to move out of my dad's house. The flat wasn't much, just a dingy old place where I had a place to rest and eat. Just a roof over my head. In ways I envied Cas for always getting to sleep in beautiful hotel rooms but also, I don't think I could cope with all the travelling.

I pick up the newspaper that was on the floor of my flat and flip through it. The Seraphims where front page headlines now and as happy as I were for them, a tiny part of myself couldn't help but wish that Castiel could have just gotten a normal job and we could live together and save up for a house and then maybe get married or something. But things didn't always have a way to turn out good.

***

Something dropped through my mail box just as I was getting ready for work. I look over and see a large envelop on the ground by the door and I quickly rush over to it to pick it up. When I did it felt like something rather than just paper was inside of it so I opened it up to find a set of keys and a letter.

Hey baby,

I know letters aren't really our forte but is it such a crime to be romantic?

I want you to know that even though I know we've been having disagreements lately, I still love you so truly, madly and deeply. (Yes, I started singing after I wrote that...)

Inside the envelope you will find a set of keys for (drumroll please.....) you're very own flat! I know you already have a flat but I mean, c'mon... That dirty little place that you live in right now is disgraceful and you shouldn't have to call that your home.

Directions to the flat are on the back of the letter and there may or may not be a surprise in there waiting for you to get there after work.... And by surprise I mean a very naked and horny boyfriend rolling around in your NEW silk sheets. Damn I just ruined the surprise. I should've have done this in pencil so I could have rubbed it out... Never mind!

See you in a few hours sweet pea.

I love you

Bee

My heart soared at the letter and I smile down at it, excited to read the instructions on the back.

It just went to show that even though me and Cas argued a lot lately, we could get through anything no matter what.

I stuff the letter into my work trousers and grab my keys, locking the door as I left the flat to go to work.

All through work I was impatient and just couldn't wait to leave. This annoyed bobby and he kept glaring at me every time I stood around staring at the clock.