Chapter 35

"Uno bitches! You fucking lost!" I yelled, throwing the cards everywhere around the yard. It was dark. It smelt like rain but it's been hours of us out here and it hasn't even been a drop that's fallen from the sky yet. I missed the feeling. "You cheated! That's not fair!" They both yelled. "Bro you put a card up your ass or something because there's no way you won!" I smiled, nodding no. I've been playing this game my whole life, their just sore losers. "Is it in your titties then?!" Willow stood up, looking through my sweatshirt. "Stop it dumbass! I didn't cheat, y'all are just horrible uno players. I don't make the rules."

"Whatever." They both crossed their arms, looking down at their laps. Everything became quiet after this. Their smiles grew down, and I could already tell something was about to happen. Willow cleared her throat, looking up at the both of us. "I just wanna say that I heard what violet said about me earlier. I tried not to bring it up but it really hurt me that you don't want me here when I've done nothing but be sweet to you." My head flew up, giving violet the look I always do. "Maybe if you weren't so nosey, you wouldn't have heard me."

"Excuse me?! You were the one yelling. I heard you all the way downstairs. If you had a problem with me being here, you shoulda said something before. Stop being a kid and grow the fuck up. You're a pussy." They both stood up, moving the chairs out of the way. "Can you both chill out? We're tryna have a new start and this shit isn't helping."

"Shut up billie!" They both yelled in unison, turning their attention back to their argument again. "Y'all both can get the fuck out then. I'm over this shit."

*violets pov*

"Look what you did!" I punched her in her arm, watching Billie storm in the house again. I know running away from your problems isn't the best idea but I wanted to leave before shit got worse. "Me?! You're the one that doesn't want me here for whatever reason. I didn't even do anything violet!" I knew deep down why. I was jealous, but me expressing that to the both of them is only gonna make me look even more horrible than I already do. "I just don't like the attention bil gives you and not me. I feel like she cares about you more than anybody. So excuse me if I feel some type of way."

"What?! You realize she's in love with you right? Everything she's done so far is for you. Yeah she fucks up but her feelings for you will never compare to anything else. I came in the picture after you both went through the hardest times in your lives, so if you still think I'm a threat to you, clearly something's wrong. Trust me."

"Why do have to be so sweet all the time? I can't even be mad, I hate you." We both smiled, bringing each other into a tight hug. You can't blame me if I have trust issues and overthink when all Billie's done our whole relationship is cheat and abuse me. She used me in ways I can't explain and yet, I'm still here because I know people like her can change if they really wanted to. I love her too much to let her go. "Go get your girl before she has a heart attack.."

I ran in the house, looking in every room. "Baby! Where are you?!" All I could hear was my own echo circling around. "I'm in here love.." I cracked the door open, seeing her crisscrossed on the hardwood floors. "Why are you down there?" I laughed, sitting down next to her. She shrugged, scooting closer to me. "I just feel that as soon as we're okay again, something get's messed up and I can never fix it.." I could tell she was trying her hardest to hold back tears and it was always my fault when she cried. "I'm just not tryna lose you for good ma. I worked too hard on myself to become better for you, that if I lose what makes me happy, nothing else would matter."

I put my head on her shoulder, bringing her into my embrace. "You're not gonna lose me baby, we both know that. I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I was just jealous of the attention you give willow, that I sometimes forget how much you care. I don't want you choosing between us and that's exactly what I'm making you do, so I'm apologize for being selfish.."

"You realize that you're my best friend too right? Regardless of you being my girlfriend, you're MY person. The one I care for the most, so don't second guess my love for you violet. Please."

And that was all I needed. Reassurance.