Chapter Eighteen - Knights, Knights Everywhere

Once Merlyn and Arthur had gotten back to Camelot, they had immediately transported Gwaine to Gaius. Thankfully, the wound looked worse than it was. Gaius was quick to suture the wound before he looked at his patient's head which had gotten bashed off a chair when Merlyn and Arthur were not looking. Merlyn had helped Gaius handle the patient and helped clean him up. It was fair to say any woman would be lucky to have such a chiselled man. As much as Merlyn was professional, she couldn't deny that the man shirtless was certainly a sight.

After quickly finishing her morning jobs for Arthur, Merlyn had returned to her chambers to serve Gwaine some breakfast. Well, she hoped to. The man had been unconscious all through the night and had shown littles signs of waking up.

With a tray in her hands, Merlyn pushed open her chamber door (where Gwaine had been placed to heal) with her elbow. As she moved into the room, Merlyn was surprised to find the charming fighter awake in the bed, scanning the room in much confusion. At the sound of the door Gwaine's head shot up and his eyes flashed over to Merlyn who was in the doorway. Merlyn sighed in relief at his alertness. Him no longer being unconscious was a good sign. Truthfully, Merlyn had begun getting worried over his unconscious state. Slowly Merlyn moved into the room, balancing his breakfast whilst avoiding the door swinging shut.

"What am I doing in this bed?" Gwaine asked as he pushed himself up. The bluntness was very different to the flirting he had done last time they met but Merlyn understood why. He was waking up in a strange place, strange bed, with a stranger before him.

"You were wounded" Merlyn said as she carefully closed the door and moved into the room. The young witch gently put down the tray before she took a seat at the bottom of the bed. "Arthur wanted to make sure you were treated by his physician."

"Arthur?" Gwaine questioned with a frown. Merlyn couldn't help the confusion that flashed across her face. She had assumed he had helped them in the fight because of Arthur.

"Prince Arthur" Merlyn said slowly. "You saved his life. The blonde man who I'm going to claim started the fight." The moment prince passed her lips Merlyn watched the change in Gwaine. He suddenly slouched and was rolling his eyes.

"If I'd known who he was, I probably wouldn't have" Gwaine commented as he sat up and placed the thin pillow against the top of the bed frame to cushion the wood. However, Merlyn questioned his words – he didn't seem like the type to not help.

"Careful, that leg's still healing" Merlyn said as she watched him bring himself to a sitting position on the bed, dragging his leg with him. Whilst the wound wasn't too bad, Merlyn still didn't want him aggravating it.

"Worried about me there, Beauty" he commented that flirty smirk on his face causing Merlyn to chuckle. She had never met someone so outrageous flirtatious.

"You're seriously nicknaming me 'Beauty'?" Merlyn questioned as she sat back with her own smirk. Gwaine smiled his killer smile as he kept her attention on her with glinting eyes.

"Why don't like it? How about 'Angel'? 'Goddess'? Princess'?" Merlyn laughed at the suggestion before she began shaking her head, causing her hair to sway.

"Beauty will be fine" Merlyn said before she added on, "Or you could just use my name."

"Yes, but everyone uses your name, I like to be special" Gwaine commented as he leaned forward towards Merlyn. At the action Merlyn swallowed uncomfortably – it seemed she didn't like others getting close to her anymore.

"Not gonna happen" Merlyn whispered, pointedly looking at the man – though she had a smile on her face, the dangerous and serious look in her eyes told Gwaine she meant her words. The man immediately held up his hands and backed up, his face slightly disappointed but accepting. Despite the rejection, Gwaine still held a smile on his face. Seeing he still had his friendly nature, Merlyn decided to question the man.