Chapter Three: A Feast Of Tears

As predicted the king had demanded the grandest feast to be put on in the castle, a celebration for the return of the Lady Morgana. The sudden feast had to be grand and everyone in the castle had been forced to race around trying to pull off such a feat. The cooks were frantic, the servants were decorating the hall as quickly as could be, whilst the royals' personal servants dashed about trying to get together formal clothing. With Morgana's return the kingdom celebrated, many were happily running around doing their chores; Merlyn was most certainly the odd one out among the servants. She hated this feast and everything it represented. Sure Morgana hadn't spoken of her actions but she was not back in Camelot with good intentions that was for sure.

Merlyn needed to talk to someone about what she had felt, someone who understood the legend she and Morgana were entwined with. Merlyn used her magic and her connection to her Blood Guards to focus onto Anna, one of her connections to more ancient knowledge. Following the power Merlyn raced through the castle and found herself delving further into the large structure. As usual, Merlyn moved through the castle, moved passed people giving smiles where appropriate, all the while she turned over the issue before her with Morgana. Soon enough she felt the power presence close by, turning down the correct corridor Merlyn quickly locked eyes onto the dress of the person she was looking for. The simple light blue dress that was fitted to the young Blood Guard was a sight Merlyn was used to seeing, having spent plenty of times with the Blood Guard. Sighing in relief Merlyn made her way to her side.

"Anna?" Merlyn called. As she got closer though, Merlyn noticed the second person beside Anna. The knight dressed in chainmail and the cloak of Camelot. "... And Leon?"

Leon's and Anna's gaze shot around to Merlyn and they quickly shuffled apart, their hands slamming back to their own bodies. Had they just been holding hands? Merlyn couldn't help the smile that began to creep up on her face as she studied the blushing pair.

"Is-" Leon began though had to clear his throat before he continued. "Is everything alright?" At the question Merlyn's smile faded. There was an issue to deal with.

"I was wanting to talk to Anna if that was possible."

"Of course, Emrys" Anna replied causing Merlyn's eyes to flash over to her in utter panic. Anna had just called her Emrys in front of Leon! However as Merlyn looked back at Leon she found he was not surprised. He knew that Anna knew about her! What else did these two share?

"I will ... see you later" Leon awkwardly stated unsure of what to say or do about the situation. Merlyn couldn't completely smother her smile as she watched him leave. With a smirk on her face, Merlyn crossed over her arms and turned to face Anna. Anna's eyes flickered from Merlyn's to the ground and back again as she tucked her hair behind her ear. The nervous act brought a feeling of happiness to Merlyn - she recalled the time she had been like that with Arthur in the beginning.

"We will be discussing him later" Merlyn stated to which Anna's blush brighter if it was even possible. "I have to talk to you about Morgana."

"The Witch is certainly an issue" Anna agreed focusing completely on Merlyn.

"The Lady is back and I question her motives entirely" Merlyn began. She quickly gestured for Anna to follow her, it was better to be moving and out of the castle than it was to talk stationary in a corridor. "We know of her heritage and I fear what she will do to claim the throne."

"I thought that she would not have a claim due to be illegitimate and a woman" Anna questioned, voicing her confusion.

"Whilst that is true in other places, this is Camelot. Our rules state that if their is no male heir with blood of the sovereign a female with the blood can take the throne until a male is born of the sovereign blood. The only people in this world who have Pendragon blood is Morgana and Arthur. If Morgana takes Arthur out of the picture, Uther would be forced to recognise Morgana as his daughter for she would be the future of Pendragon. And if he would not legitimise her she could just kill him to or take the kingdom under her claim without asking for permission" Merlyn explained. It was a simple fact. Morgana had a claim to the throne and with the darkness that was now in her heart, in her magic Merlyn feared what she would do to inherit the throne.