CHAPTER 14

PETRA

After I came back from the city. I went straight to Will's restaurant. I missed him a lot. I desperately needed him, especially now. But he was acquainted with some unexpected guests. MY PARENTS.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?!", I screamed. "Do you remember your daughter now? The posts on NSTAGRAM! No phone calls! No messages! No mails! What the hell were you two thinking?! I thought you were dead!", I said and broke into tears.

Both of them came to me and hugged me. "I hate you!", I cried.

"We're sorry, love.", said Dad.

"Like seriously what the hell happened?", I asked.

"Please have a seat first.", said Will. We all sat down.

"So?", I demanded the answer.

"We got arrested.", said Dad. Mom panicked.

"WHAT?!", I yelled.

"Give her the full content, honey!", yelled mom.

"Can you tell her? It's too embarrassing.", said dad.

"Our bags got stolen and so were our phones. So basically, our identity cards and passport had gone missing. And at that time, the country was going under a check looking for spies. Since we lost everything, we got arrested as suspects. We both hadn't memorised your new mobile number. So, we didn't know how to contact you. Then we had them call the foreign affairs department of our country to clear our name. It took longer than we thought.", mom said.

"You could have MAILED ME!"

"Well, about e-mails... We forgot about that. Sorry, love.", said, mom.

"Grandma passed away! I didn't know what to do. I was all alone. And thanks to your poor relationships with our cousin's none of them came for the funeral."

"Oh no, mother!", mom's eyes became teary. Dad hugged mom. Will hugged me.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that alone, Petra.", said mom rubbing her eyes through a tissue.

"It's okay I'm over it now.", I said wiping my tears with Will's handkerchief.

"The fine dust seems to have decreased now." said mom.

"It sure has ma'am. It was terrible last year though.", said Will.

"Are you dating my daughter?", asked dad.

"Yes, sir.", said Will, smiling. We held hands. Both mom and dad looked happy.

"Our baby girl has grown up.", said dad, getting teary.

"Dad, come on...", I said, trying to stop him from crying.

"Does this hotel belong to you?", asked mom looking along. Will couldn't read her lips. He saw me.

"She asked if the house belonged to you.", I said.

"Oh, yes ma'am.", said Will, flustering. Mom and dad looked at each other.

"You are using signs.", said dad looking at me.

"I teach sign language here for the poor students."

"Ohh. I'm so proud of you daughter!", said mom. They seemed to have realized that Will can't hear.

"Was it by birth?", asked dad, looking at Will.

"No, sir. I had an accident in high school.", he said looking down.

'There is nothing to be embarrassed about. We don't mind you not being able to hear. As long as you keep our Petra happy, we are supporting you two.', signed dad getting his hands near Will.

Will looked up. He saw the approval of both of my parents. He finally smiled.

"Light voice and pretty face are your styles, huh?", asked mom, making fun of me.

"Mom!", I screamed, getting embarrassed.

"At least you need not worry about burning down the entire kitchen now!", said Dad laughing.

"Are you my friend or foe, mom and dad?!", I said laughing. We were all laughing and things came to rest.

My mom couldn't hold her excitement when she saw Will's parents. Dad seemed to get along with Mr Marshall well too. Everything was happy and pleasant. What could have been better? Probably this.

My headaches were just too much. My dizziness also increased. Since Will always walked behind me he never noticed that I paused to get my vision straight. It was happening again. My bad luck was back again. As if it loved me more.

Will and I were walking to the school. Mr Lautner pushed Mr Davis. He saw us and came running towards us. My dizziness and headache occurred together. Will rushed towards Mr Lautner worried. They looked like they were talking seriously. I guess so. My vision was blurry. I took a tablet out of my bag and swallowed it. My head felt like it was about to burst. I think I saw Will look at me. Mr Lautner came towards me yelling, I guess. I couldn't hear properly. Will seemed to look worried. I had a last glance at blurry Will and then I fainted. Probably with a bang. Then rest was all a dream. All my secrets will be revealed.