CHAPTER 20

TIM

Things went well with Will. I thought I could just move on without talking to James. But I just couldn't. I couldn't afford to make any mistake anymore. Or else I would lose everyone that I love. I had to meet him. Confess my true love. Finding someone ready to accept the way you are, is the right one for you. And that was James for me. He didn't come outside of his home after that day at the hospital. I broke his heart. Again.

"Let's wait if you want. Will might want to talk to you later.", he said.

"Shut up!", I screamed. I thought Will loathed me. I just wanted to blame it on someone. It wasn't on purpose but James was just there. And I blamed him and took my anger and fear on him. I made him the reason for Will's anger. I'm such a loser.

It was my turn. My turn to make him happy. Since he works with books I decided to do something with the books. I booked a studio room that had a view of the sunrise. More like a sunrise between two buildings. I made a big heart tower using books. The architecture for the heart was very difficult. I cooked for him. I took a picture of the whole thing.

But the major problem was that he wouldn't come out of his house. I tried to call him but he wouldn't pick it up. I texted him but he wouldn't read them. Then finally the phone went off. I had no choice. I ate the food on my own. I felt so sad. I couldn't blame him. He had all the right to be angry. All I could do was to wait. And wait.

And then one day I saw him go to the hospital. Did something happen to him? I rushed inside. It wasn't him. It was his mom. She was in pain. She was admitted to the hospital. I overheard the doctor. She was alright now. I couldn't meet them. So I sent flowers wishing for a good recovery. I made sure no one found out it was me.

But I still couldn't talk to James. Rene had got discharged. This was now or never. I had to talk to him. I had to go to his home. I was so scared to hit the doorbell. A street dog came in. It started barking at me. I tried to shoo it away but it wouldn't move. It came close to me. I looked around. There was nothing to scare the dog away. It jumped. I almost screamed with the door opened and James pulled me in and locked the door.

"What are you doing outside? Wanna get bit by a mad dog?", he asked angrily.

"Sorry.", I said.

"What are you doing here?", he asked. I had to tell him.

"I'm sorry that I blamed everything on you. It was me who made Will angry. I'm such a loser. I'm sorry for hurting you. I never thought you would stop talking to me. And--"

"I was busy. My mom was having a lot of pain. I saw your calls and SMS but before I could text you mom screamed in pain and I mistakenly dropped the phone. I haven't fixed it yet.", he said. What?! I thought he was ignoring me.

"I thought you were ignoring me..."

"You think a lot! Maybe you need to calm down for once.", he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Do you want some water?"

"Yeah.", I said. He got me a glass of water.

"So are you not mad at me?", I asked.

"Of course, I was mad. Who wouldn't be? At first, you said you still like Will and then you blamed me for no reason."

"I'm sorry...", I said looking down. I felt so guilty.

"But it's okay.", he said. I looked at him. He was smiling.

"Anything for you. I can never be mad at you for more than a minute but I had to be there for my mom.", he said. He walked close to me. He kissed my hands again. But it was different. He took my hands to his checks. He felt my hands and then kissed them. I blushed.

"I like this face. The one that's blushing now.", he said to me with a teasing look. I made an emotionless face. This was to do something great. Something important.

"Oh come on. Let me tease your bit.", he said whining. I kissed him. And I stepped back quickly. James was shocked.
"If you do this whenever you hurt me then I am ready to get hurt all my life.", he said and pulled me towards him. He brushed my hair.

"You make me fall in love with you again and again.", he said and kissed me. I kissed him back.

"JAMES!", screamed Rene. "JAMES!"

We ran towards her room. She was sitting. And the floor was wet. Her water just broke. Quickly called the ambulance. Thankfully an ambulance was on its way back to the hospital after dropping a patient. They quickly came here and took Rene. Rene had a baby in the ambulance. The whole situation was so overwhelming. The baby was premature. It was quickly put into an incubator as soon as we reached the hospital. Rene was doing well either. She got admitted again. Rene's husband was planning to come the next day. James prayed both his sibling and his mom would make it. I prayed next to him.

James's dad came rushing to the hospital with his luggage. After a day or two, Rene recovered and she finally got to take a look at the baby. Her husband waited for her recovery and didn't see the baby.

"I left you alone and let you go through that. How could I see the baby before you? Let's see the baby together.", he said to her. I guess James got his romantic heart from his father.

Everything was finally good. Everyone was happy. I decided to date James. I suddenly remembered the Book Heart tower. I told James about it and went there. My tower had shattered.

"That owner! How could he do this?!", I said angrily.

"Calm down. It must have fallen on its own. If the rooftop neighbour jumps around a lot then this room would also shake."

"That rooftop dude!", I said, getting pissed.

"It's okay. I appreciate the effort.", he said, hugging me. So I just showed him the picture that I had taken.

"It's beautiful. Thank you.", he said and kissed me. There was one small problem now. We both were overwhelmed and weren't breathing as we kissed. We pushed each other away and took a breath.

"We might die at this rate.", I said. He laughed.

"It's okay. I am ready to die.", he said and kissed me.

"Breath!", I said, punching him.

We both laughed.

(End of Tim and James story.)