CHAPTER 16

TIM

James was everywhere. Like literally everywhere. To an extent, it was getting annoying. But his situation was better than what I had to deal with what Will had to tell me. He was dating Petra. My heart just broke into pieces. It was my fault. I never said to him that I liked him nor did I oppose the relationship. I could say it looking into Will's eyes. He was truly in love this time. Petra seemed genuine too. I was the only odd one here. What would even happen if I say Will that I like him? It's not like he likes men or something. I just fell in love with the wrong guy. I'm a fool.

Will had stopped sending me lunch. It was obvious, he wanted to spend all his free time with Petra. And I was in no place to demand him for those free lunches. He was finally dating happily. And all these years he couldn't because of me. But suddenly there was a lunch box at my table. I was surprised. More than that of being surprised I was happy. When I tasted the food, I got hit by a rock. It wasn't Will's recipe. Someone else had brought me lunch. And I could guess who it was. James.

Whenever I saw Will and Petra together at the school my blood would boil. Though James quit the school he would still roam around the school. He did weird stuff like tripping on his toe, cracking lame jokes, and talking nonsense to divert my mood. It worked all the time. Though I hate to admit it, he was really helpful.

When he held my hand, I felt my pulse without touching it. My face was about to turn red so I pulled him to a side giving time for my heart to calm down. But still, he held my arm again and kissed it. A shock passed through me. He is so kind and helpful. He bears my grumpiness. He can be romantic. More like a hopeless romanticist. And the fact that I am his first man made me feel special. But it wasn't enough to win my heart. What he and I have is nothing to the feelings I had for Will since my childhood days. So, I stopped him from getting any hopes.

I would be lying if I say that I didn't worry about him after declining his love. It was his first time after all. Living in a society like this, it must have taken him a lot of courage to confess and even to perceive another man. Since I was aware of my sexuality since I was a kid I always dated in secret. Dating was more like getting experience. There was only one person I loved whom I don't deserve.

I spied on James just to make sure he was coping well. And he was doing much better than I thought. One day, when I returned home after work, I saw a very unexpected guest. My ex. He was overly possessive and even cheated on me. So I broke up with him. All this time my little secret was hidden. Only Petra and James knew. Though I didn't trust them I could count on them to some extent. Unlike him. He stood there. In front of my parents. And disclosed my little secret to my parents. I saw my parents' faces. They looked shocked and I could tell that they were disgusted by my presence. I rushed out in tears. I found a seat in the middle of nowhere. I bent and cried like an idiot. Soon I sensed the presence of someone in front of me. I looked up. It was James. Again. It's him. He found me again in my worst state.

I looked around. People were staring at me as they walked by. I felt so ashamed. I am outside during winter with no sweaters or coat. Crying in public.

"I'm so pathetic.", I said looking at James.

"No, you're not!", he said, pulling me towards him. My face was on his stomach.

"Cry all you want, I will hide you if you want.", he said and took out the heat packs and gave them to me. He put his hands inside his coat pockets and pulled his coat forward and covered me with it. Was that humanly possible? How long was his coat to cover two men? However, I cried. And after a few minutes, I felt a bit better. I moved away and looked at him.

"It's okay for now.", I said.

"That's good.", he said with a soft smile and sat next to me. "Would you like to share the reason why you cried?"