(9) Interrogation

Chapter 9

About 3 days later

-Kimi-

The guards were walking me back to my cell since I had just finished my shower. It was the first one I had in I think three days. There aren't really clocks around here so I'm still thinking about whether or not it's a Tuesday or a Friday. Why those particular days? Not sure why I chose them but captivity can make you go a little cuckoo. When we passed my cell I looked at the guards confused.

"Where are we going?" I asked one of the guards. He only glanced at me and didn't respond. We went up a few levels and I was then escorted to an interrogation room. One of them unlocked my cuffs and stood guard by the door. I took a seat in one of the few chairs and waited. A minute or two later a woman came in through the door. I immediately recognized her dark hair and leader-like posture.

"Ria?!" I said standing abruptly and then sitting back down because the cuff were digging into my skin. Guess I still need to work on not showing my surprise.

"Leave us." She ordered the guard. She waited until the door was fully closed before dropping her mask and revealing how stressed out she looked, but it was only for a few seconds. Her expression turned into anger. She slammed her tablet onto before giving me that I-am-so-ready-to-tear-your-ass-up look. Mind you, she kinda has that authority over me.

"I gave you a way out, I gave you food, I gave you water, I gave you money, and what did you do? You became an assassin for hire!" She shouted that last sentence at me. As much as I wanted to resist flinching I couldn't and sunk into my seat. Ria could always scare me if she tried hard enough.

"Well first, I prefer the term freelance, and after you left me I didn't know what to do!" I reasoned. From the looks of it she wasn't having any of that today.

"You could have stayed at that orphanage instead of running away!" She said through gritted teeth. I scratched the back of my neck. That one was all me. I ran away from the orphanage after basically destroying the owners office trying to find my file. I stole it and took off.

"Maria, I was not going to wait for people to reject me. Everyone wanted the babies, I was 13. I am good at what I do so and I made it my mission to-" I stopped. Crap, I've said too much.

"To what?" Ria stared at me expectantly. "Kimi." She warned. Ah, finally my real name...well not my real name but- you know what let's think about different things for now.

"To find all of the people who took off in my life and ask them why. And to find all the people who took part in the darkest hours of my life and cross them off my list." I continued confidently. "I'm almost done." I added. Apparently it didn't wipe the sour look she was still giving me.

"Well thanks to your little list, you're on our list. Top ten of one of the most deadly. If I hadn't had a chance to see you, you'd have been executed." Wow, I really got to up my game. I was aiming for top 5.

"But you know that's not all." I said. I held my wrist that had my soulmates words. "I need to find him, Ria"

"Is that why you're still in the country?" I nodded. After a minute or two of suffocating silence I spoke up.

"So what's gonna happen to me?" I asked curiously. They haven't tried to kill me yet so I'm kinda suspicious (and maybe a little grateful).

"Considering you managed to take out two Avengers without any effort or any intention of actually killing them, I think Fury has half a mind at least considering you as an agent."

DarlingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara