Chapter 1- Introductions

(A/n: This story will take place in modern day 2021 Earth but not covid-19 since that spoils the fun. There will still be Vastayans, magic, and powers. Given the creative liberties I have I will have to make some things up as I go such as birthdays, last names, and just names in general. So please be patient with me, it is much appreciated. Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy the new book and this chapter.)

Shay: "Hey, (Y/n)! Can you cover me here in the butterfly room with group A? I need to take a call for some new parents who want to apply to the daycare!"

You: "Sure! I just got done bringing in group B from their playground time and got them down for a nap."

Shay: "Great! I'll only be like an hour or so!"

You: "Take your time!"

You walk into the butterfly room where you see many children playing and reading. You enjoyed your job and took pride in being a daycare worker. A (Height) guy like you with (Hair/Color), (Hair/Length). (Eye/C) and (Facial features) and (Your desired body build) at the age of 24. People wouldn't think at first glance that you were or wanted to be a daycare worker. But it was a passion of yours to help the youth.

After high school you volunteered with the UNICEF and Red Cross for about 2 years. You went to some parts of African, and Middle Eastern countries. You helped as much as you could with caring for the youth. When you got back to the States you then went to college and graduated with a degree in early childhood education and you got your teaching license. Sadly when you applied for teaching jobs here in LA there weren't ones hiring or ones that wanted you specifically. So you ended up working at a local daycare where you met your boss Shay. She was a nice lady who was a teacher but wanted to do more so she quit and opened up a daycare instead.

You were watching the kids and making sure they weren't getting into trouble. With kids around this age manifesting their powers, the daycare had to use a suppression field to make sure they wouldn't misuse them. You sat down on a spare chair in the room and watched the children go about. You smiled and enjoyed the atmosphere of the room. You then saw two kids having an argument over a book.

Ashley: "Come on, you've already read that book! Let me read it!"

Jack: "But I like this book! Go find something else to read!"

Ashley: "That's not fair!"

Jack: Well I got it first! So it is!"

You walk over and kneel down to their level.

You: "Hey, what's going on over here you two?"

Ashley: "Jack won't give me the book!"

Jack: "I had it first!"

You: "Well how about you both share and read the book at the same time? Can you both do that?"

The kids just looked at each other and pouted.

Ashley: "Sure, I guess we can."

Jack: "Okay..."

You just smiled.

You: "Good, we all need to be nice and share with each other right?"

Ashley: "You're right Mr. (Y/n)."

Jack: "Yeah... You're right."

You just smiled and walked to the seat and watched as they sat next to each other and read the book together. You continue to watch the rest of the room as Shay then comes back.

Shay: "Thanks so much (Y/n)."

You: "No problem, I should get back to group B and get them ready to go home."