Chapter 4- Their First Day

(A/n: Enjoy thy chapter good folk. Also don't worry I will write chapter 30 for Pilot, KDA Report. After chapter 5 for this book.)

Sunday went by pretty fast for you. You and Seraphine stayed in and just hung out. Jinx and Sett popped in for a while after Seraphine left for her job at a local coffee shop. She would perform live music and get paid by the coffee shop for it and a few tips. It didn't pay as much as your job but at least she was doing what she wanted to do in life as well.

It was Monday and it was back to the grind for you. You woke up at 8:40 as you do everyday and got ready for work. You made some coffee and put it in a thermos and grabbed a granola bar.

You: "Alright, I'm off to work!"

Seraphine was sitting on the couch and eating her cereal as usual.

Seraphine: "Okay! Have a good day! Text me if you need something!"

You: "I will!"

You left the apartment and got into your car and drove to work. You heard as you heard a ding on your phone. You went to check to see it was from Ashe. You scowled and dismissed the message and blocked her number. You got to work around 9:30 and walked in. There you saw Shay at the reception desk and a few of the other employees set up their rooms.

Shay: "Morning (Y/n)!"

You: "Morning Shay."

Shay went back to working on something then looked back at you.

Shay: "Wait! Something happened! Your tone of voice is off!"

You: "Really? You could tell?"

Shay: "(Y/n), honey. I just know these things. It's a woman's instinct and also my ability to detect emotions in someone's voice. Now what happened?"

You got closer to the reception desk that way the other employees wouldn't hear.

You: "*Sigh* I caught my ex-girlfriend cheating on me this past Saturday."

Shay: "*Gasp* I'm so sorry to hear that dear! Do you want to take the day off?"

You: "No, it's fine Shay. Also it wouldn't be fair to just take a day off because of a heart break."

Shay: "Well okay. If you ever need to step out and cry. The employee's room is always open to you."

You: "Thank you Shay. Now, I need to get my room setup."

Shay: "Of course dear. Oh! And the lovely girls from that KDA group will be in your care!"

You: "Alright, got it Shay."

You went into the employee's room and got changed into your apron and work shoes and put your back pack into your locker. You went to the butterfly room and started to sort out the activities for today and make sure all the toys and books were in order. After about less than an hour you heard parents come in and drop off their kids. KDA being no exception. They came in as a group and you went to greet them. You kneeled in front of the kids to greet them.

You: "Hello everyone, welcome to the butterfly room. I'll be taking care of you. My name is (Y/n) (L/n), you can call me Mr. (Y/n). And who are these pretty young ladies joining my room?"

Evelynn's child stepped up and greeted you.

Deanna: "My name is Deanna! And I'm going to be like my mommy!"

You: "Well nice to meet you Deanna."

Kaisa's child then stood next to Deanna.

Leah: "Nice to meet you Mr. (Y/n)! I'm Leah! I like to dance like my mama!"