03

03

Waking up at five o'clock wasn't something new to me. Mother always made me wake up early every day in the summers so I was able to make breakfast for the family and sweep the floors (even though we had house elves for that). I rub my throbbing head once I sit up and squeeze my eyes tight with pain. Another migraine and the day hadn't even started yet.

Standing from the bed I let out a small yawn and bend over to my trunk and take out my clothes for the day. After changing into my robes I walk into the bathroom and try to tame my bedhead and brush my teeth. I stare at myself in the mirror and sigh deeply; dark bags were hanging from my eyelids from lack of sleep. I kept having night terrors and didn't get much sleep last night. Splashing cold water onto my face I drag my feet down the stairs of the dorms and into the empty Common Room.

"You're up early." I stifle a yawn and sit down on the recliner next to the couch, my legs dangling from the arm. I fold my arms over my chest and rest my head against the plush of the chair.

"I couldn't sleep." He answers never taking his eyes away from the flames of the fire. Draco nervously fiddles with his hands while biting his lip in thought. I look over at him sadly, knowing what was bothering him. Standing from the chair, I walk over to him and take a seat beside him. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and rest my head hoping he knew I would always be here for him.

"I'm sorry," I mumble and look up at him. He still stares straight ahead into the fire but I notice his silver eyes start to water slightly. I sigh and kiss his cheek and allow the silence to surround us in the lonely common room. "Let me help you."

"Absolutely not."

"You need help Draco. How can you complete the task all by yourself?" I lift my head from his shoulder and try to get him to look at me. He sighs and shakes his head, rubbing his hands over his face.

"I can do this, he trusts me."

...

Hours went by and classes went well, no matter how boring they all were. My bag over my shoulder was heavy with my school books as I made my way down towards the Black Lake where Draco asked for me to meet with him. My feet drag over the fallen leaves as I walk past the Womping Willow, careful not to get too close. I run my hand through my wavy blonde hair and let out a huff of air once I finally get down to a large, familiar Maple Tree where Draco and I always hung around after classes.

"Alright Draco." I greet while throwing my bag to the ground and sitting beside him against the tree. He shrugs and gives me a friendly smirk.

"I haven't seen you all day." I roll my eyes and push him lightly against the shoulder.

"You signed up for different classes than I, it's your own fault." Draco nods in agreement and asks,

"How was your day?"

"Alright, but Herbology was interesting. Neville Longbottom wouldn't stop bugging me about the names of different plants and what they do. I don't think he noticed who I was until after class, because he gave me a horrified look as we walked out." I laugh lightly and look out onto the lake. The sun was beginning to set signifying it was nearly dinner time. The sunset made the sky a mixture of blues, pinks and oranges. Also, the lake reflected off the colors which gave it a violet color.

"What a tosser." Draco says under his breath while picking at the soft, green grass. I let out a laugh and push his shoulder so he nearly falls over onto his side.

"Stop it, I actually found it kind of interesting how he was able to remember what plant does what." Draco rolls his eyes at this and smirks over at me. I sigh and shake my head,