09

A/N: That edit above took me three hours to make last night and is probably one of my best.

09

The Vanishing Cabinet stood taller than all of it's surroundings. It's wood neatly polished around the carvings that curved in different directions around the black and gold wood. Not an inch of dust covered the cabinet; it seemed to be the only clean object in the room of forgotten possessions.

In front of that special cabinet was a boy who stood tall and proud. The boy was dressed in black robes bringing out the pale of his hands. His platinum blonde hair was styled neatly, letting it fall slightly into his eyes. His silver eyes stare blankly at the door of the Vanishing Cabinet mumbling a spell over and over again until there was a loud CRACK!

Draco's eyes lighten with delight hearing the rustling sound within the tall wooden cabinet. With his right hand he unlatches the door and slowly opens it. He suddenly ducks once a blue bird darts from within, whistling a thank you for letting it out of the darkness. Draco's eyes follow the bird before a rare smile brakes out onto his face returning his gaze to the object in front of him.

"It's fixed, it's finally fixed!" Draco shouts in excitement and relief. Closing the door once again he closes his eyes whispering something unknown. Within minutes there's another loud CRACK along with a hissing sound. He furrows his eyebrows together at the odd sound and with a shaky hand unlatches the door.

All too suddenly the door of the cabinet bursts open knocking him down. Sitting up from the ground cursing to himself Draco looks up at the cabinet in shock. The emotion within his eyes changes from confusion to pure horror.

Inside of the Vanishing Cabinet is a very large, green skinned, hooded snake. Draco starts backing up slowly, swallowing hard hoping desperately the snake wouldn't lash out at him. The snake hisses loudly causing Draco to bump roughly into one of the desks. His heart beats hard against his chest as the snake moves it's head in a figure eight motion, taking in it's surroundings.

"H-How - " He wasn't able to finish his question for the snake suddenly lunges forward, baring it's fangs with an evil glint within it's scaled eyes. Draco dodges the snake's deadly fangs by inches and whips out his wand sending curse after curse. The snake seems not to take any harm to these spells for it only shakes it's head as if ridding an invisible blanket that had been placed over it's head and continues lunging at Draco.

He wasn't fast enough once the snake lunged forward once again, sinking it's large venomous fangs into his right shoulder. Draco screams out in pain. The snake hissing loudly as it darts back at him over and over again until he felt his robes soaked with his very own blood. He desperately reaches over for his fallen wand that had rolled away from him but with one last strike Draco's hand falls limp to the floor.

"No, stop - enough!" I bellowed. My voice sounds echoed while the visions of Draco starts to fade. I feel my mind no longer heavy once I am able to open my eyes. Sweat is damp against my neck and forehead. My breathing is heavy and my hands shake gripping the chair.

"You must learn how to block me."

"I-I can't do it." I stutter under Snape's terrifying gaze. Shaking my head I lean more into the chair sucking in deep breaths. I was oblivious to the fact that I was crying until I put a hand to my face.

"Tell me, when did you see that vision?"

"L-lastnight, it woke me in the middle of the night." Snape nods his head and circles around my chair. I keep my gaze on the floor, acting as if it interested me more than the professor himself. I could feel his eyes on me as he mumbles words under his breath making me even more nervous.