18

18

"You're not allowed to be in here." Draco sniffled wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. He stood weakly in front of the sink, staring at himself in the mirror. His eyes were red and puffy from crying so much. I leaned against the wall in between two sinks looking at Draco with soft eyes. I shake my head and whisper,

"Draco -"

"No - I can't do this. I want to die." I go to open my mouth when a whooshing sound comes from one of the bathroom stalls. Moaning Myrtle suddenly appears looking just as worried as I was. She stoops low and places a hand upon Draco's back, I feel a spark of jealousy but shake it off reminding myself she was only a ghost.

"Don't...tell me what's wrong...I can help you..."

"No one can help me," Draco starts to cry again, his body shaking. "I can't do it...I can't...It won't work...and unless I do it soon...he says he'll kill me..."

"Draco please -" But as he lets out a pained sob he suddenly gasps and looks up into the cracked mirror. I turn my head and see Harry Potter standing in the entrance of the boy's bathrooms looking in utter shock. My heart begins to speed as Draco wheels around, drawing his wand.

Instantly Harry and I both draw out our wands, his eyes dart in between Draco and I. He looks as if he is about to say something when suddenly Draco attacks sending a hex.

"No!" I shout but it's too late. Harry throws himself sideways and sends out a jet of light but Draco easily deflects it.

"No! No! Stop it!" Moaning Myrtle screams, her voice echoing around the tiled room. "Stop! STOP!"

"Draco!" I shout but the boys continue fighting. My eyes widen when I see a jet of red speeding towards me but I am able to quickly dodge it, falling to the wet floor.

Someone had hit one of the pipes, the bathroom was now flooding.

Draco locks eyes with me and I shake my head frantically but he turns to Harry now even more angry for almost hitting me. There is a loud bang and the bin behind Harry explodes. Everything was going terribly as the boys continued fighting.

One hex narrowly missed Draco's ear which smashing into a mirror right underneath Myrtle who screams loudly in shock. The entire bathroom was filling quickly, it was up to my ankles. Standing from the wet floor, I grab my wand from the ground and attempt to stop the boys when suddenly Draco shouts,

"Cruci -"

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" Harry bellowed from the floor, waving his wand wildly. I let out a scream watching blood spurt from Draco's face and chest. He falls to the floor with a splash, his wand rolling out from his limp hand before it finally stops at my feet.

"No -" Harry gasped.

"What've you done!" I feel my chest tighten as I run up to Draco who is now laying on the floor crying in pain; his blood turning the water a dark crimson red. I drop to my knees into the water and with shaky hands I reach out touching my hands to Draco's bloodied face. It looked as if razors had slashed his face open. He lets out struggled sobs, clutching at his blood-soaked chest. The bleeding won't stop and once I notice this, I grab my wand and try to heal him but it won't work. By now my body is shaking with panicked sobs.

"No - I didn't -"

"You did!" I scream at Harry over my shoulder. With blurry eyes I chuck my wand across the bathroom in frustration seeing that none of my healing spells were working. Draco was losing blood by the second and there was nothing I could do about it. His breathing was becoming more ragged and so was mine as I press my hands upon his now scarlet face trying to stop the bleeding. "Draco." I whisper but his silver eyes were struggling to stay open. I bite my lip to try to muffle the sobs and I hug him to my chest.