22

22

Caroline walked down an empty hallway that reminded her of the ones in the Malfoy Manor. She felt confused as she brushed her fingertips against the dark wooden wall. She could hear a hissing sound, something that caused her to stop in her pace.

"He will find you." A voice whispered slowly that caused the hairs to stand on her arms. Caroline inches forward to a door that had suddenly appeared at the end of the hallway. A green glow surrounded the lining of the door, black mist pouring out from underneath.

Caroline's eyes widened and curiosity sparks in her veins. As she inched closer, the hissing continued. "Foolishhhhh!" The voice seemed to get louder, booming and echoing off of the empty blackened walls. "Betrayer!" Caroline had to cover her ears, the voice was inside her head now.

"Stop!" Caroline screams holding her head and falling to her knees. The voice continued in mixtures of screams, whispers, and yells. Tears stream down her face, sweat beading upon her forehead. Her breathing becomes ragged and the anxiety quickens her heartbeat. Caroline screams, pulling her hair nearly ripping it out. She felt insane.

"Caroline!" Her shoulder is caught from behind causing the voices to stop. Looking up from the floor, her eyes land on the door in front of her that now looked normal. The green glow was gone and so was the mysterious black mist.

Swallowing she breathes hard, her chest rising and falling. As she gathers her thoughts together, she freezes. Caroline then notices the hand still tightly grasping her left shoulder; a large familiar hand. "Caroline." The deep voice is smooth and comforting, filling her heart with peace.

She turns her head slowly and in the corner of her eye she sees a tall man who is built heavily. She can see him smile. Turning her body completely around she looks up at the man who she had thought to be dead.

Caroline's lip quivers, her chest becoming tight. She closes her eyes tightly then reopens them, but to her astonishment he is still in front of him. The older man looks down at her with what looked like to be a saddened smile. His dark glossy eyes hold her gaze, looking as if his tears would spill out at any given moment. He was dressed in his usual black robes. A white glow seemed to radiate every inch of his skin; they reminded her of diamonds. Caroline could not believe her eyes as they began to blur,

"Uncle Vector."

With a loud gasp, Caroline sits up from her slouched position clutching onto her chest. She coughs feeling her lungs burn. Blowing out a few breaths of air she looks around her surroundings noticing that she was in a taxi. The leather interior clung to the bare skin of her legs uncomfortably.

Lifting up her legs she winces as the leather rips from her legs causing a burning sensation on the back of them. Caroline pulls her grey dress over her legs smoothing down the wrinkles. Someone clears their throat obnoxiously causing her eyes to shoot up at the rearview mirror. A man who was driving gives her a curious look, the muggle clearly was concerned at her sudden outburst.

"Sorry, I just get very nervous when I'm driving in cars." Caroline doesn't entirely lie. She had never liked traveling by car only because her parents always chose to apparate. They were never keen on using muggle transportation. The driver merely nods his head before continuing on the road. She leans back in her seat trying to keep herself calm.

'It was only a dream.' Caroline thinks to herself, but it seemed so real. She could almost feel the physical sensation of Vector's hand on her shoulder.

"Did you hear about some famous lady that died a couple days ago?" The driver attempts to start a conversation. His brown eyes briefly look at Caroline who stares up at him blankly. The young man smirks and shakes his head. "She was old anyway. Don't know why everyone is so shocked." Caroline only nods her head acting as if she cares.