14

14

Thoughts of devastation and confusion tore through my mind as I lay in a bed with open eyes. Sleep was the last thing on my mind. I pull the white comforter against my chin moving over onto my side staring out the window that occasionally lit up from the lightning storm outside. I rub my face against the sheets but felt that my face was dry. When had I stopped crying? I hadn't any clue. I stare blankly at the glass window replaying the events of today.

Snatchers came to kidnap me thinking I was the traitor Bellatrix had wanted.

I almost escaped by climbing out of the window. Now that I think of it, I used underage magic by locking the door. Would I be in trouble with the law if they decided to track me? I shook my head to myself; with Voldemort planning to take over the Ministry of Magic it wouldn't matter. They had bigger issues to worry about.

I was tortured with the Cruciatus Curse. My skin started to crawl remembering the absolute pain I was in.

They killed Vector, one of the most loyal Death Eaters. Voldemort had made him his new right-hand man after the current imprisonment of Lucius Malfoy and ten others. Truly the Snatchers would be killed for their minor mistake of killing him.

I flinch hearing the loud BOOM of thunder that sounded directly over the Malfoy Manor. This evening my mother brought me here crying to Narcissa about what had happened to her brother. Mother knew I wanted to be with Draco for comfort so she brought me here.

I wanted to question why she was all so suddenly affectionate towards me after all these years but I never got to ask for she already walked away with Narcissa bawling her eyes out. Was it because of Father being gone? Had she finally realized she was alone in this dark world as her kids were at Hogwarts and her husband in Azkaban?

Once my mother had left, Narcissa explained that Draco was not home at the moment because he was doing something important in Brighton and that he would be back late that night. I tried to ask her why on earth he was in Brighton but with one sad look I stopped myself. I had a feeling it had something to do with one of Voldemort's side tasks. Draco more likely had to torture weak and terrified wizards who had not made an effort to fully join sides with the Dark Lord.

The door suddenly creaks open and I close my eyes. A loud strike of lightning nearly shakes the manor, the rain hitting violently against the window. I could see the light from the electricity outside flash against my eyelids which nearly amazed me.

I pretend to be asleep as I feel the bed sink beside me. I then feel my blonde waves brushed away from my face revealing it; I try not to smile knowing exactly who had come to visit me at such an ungodly hour. He tucks the hair behind my ear and I feel him lean down carefully placing a light kiss upon my cheek.

"I know you are awake." His voice breaks ever so slightly trying to keep quiet even though his mother is on the other side of the manor. I open my eyes and stare up at his silhouette blankly. The lightning outside casts shadows on his face, his silver eyes reflecting off the lightning strikes. "Mother told me what happened." His voice holds anger in it. I sigh closing my eyes once again wanting to forget it all.

"It is Christmas Eve. You would have thought nothing bad would happen on Christmas Eve." I say numbly opening my eyes and staring past Draco into the darkness. Draco becomes silent and I watch him bow his head in the corner of my eye.

"Do you know where I went today?"

"Brighton."

"Do you know what I did?" I sit up from the bed and lean against the headboard shaking my head,