07

07

THREE DEATH EATERS TO BE ARRESTED AFTER MUGGLE KILLING!

My eyes scan frantically over the front page title in shock. My hands shake as I walk back to the castle, the moon being my only light to read the page. I try to ignore my father's angry face staring back at me along with his two brothers beside him.

'On the night of November 28th, a muggle family gathered around their table to enjoy a peaceful dinner with their children. Little did this muggle family know that an hour from then they would watch their three children die before their eyes. Muggle Investigator Yank Under, described the scene as if a 'bomb had gone off'.

"We have arrested those who are suspicious of this crime, Caspar Beard, Felix Beard, and  Evander Beard. And have taken care of the muggles who both investigated and witnessed everything that had happened. Until the Ministry is finished with the court case the investigation is still open to others who may have helped the three brothers in this terrible catastrophe." Says  Head Auror, Gawain Robards.'

Suddenly I break out into a run while narrowly dodging Peeves who throws a piece of armor at me, and down the stairs towards the Slytherin Dungeons. Yelling out the password I enter into the common room to where Draco still was reading a book at the table. Pansy had fallen asleep on her homework and Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle were nowhere to be seen. Slamming the paper onto the table Draco glances up from his book and looks over at the paper.

"That's your father!" His eyes widen taking the paper and reading the front page. I pace back and forth pulling at my blonde hair. He killed three children, three innocent muggle children! I knew my father was cruel but how could he have done this? Tears start to fill in my eyes noticing soon the whole school will know that my father is a murderer.

"He killed three children." I whisper. Small tears start to run down my cheeks as I cover my mouth to keep my sobs contained. Draco sucks in his lower lip while crumbling up the paper. Standing from his chair he walks over to the fire and throws it into the flames. Closing my green eyes I let out a small whimper imagining what it must have looked like seeing my father enter into a stranger's house and instantly kill the innocent. I could just imagine their screams and cries which seemed to echo through my ears.

I feel arms wrap around my shoulders tightly, bringing me into a familiar chest. Hugging him back I softly cry into Draco's shoulder. He rests his chin on the top of my blonde head running his fingertips across my back soothingly.

"What's wrong with-"

"Go to bed." Draco snaps at Pansy. I can hear her huff out an annoyed sigh and gather up her books before trudging upstairs. Now we were the only two left in the common room. The only sounds come from the lake that hits against the windows roughly as the snow storm starts up. Breaking out of the embrace I wipe my eyes and calm my breathing. I don't look up at Draco, I didn't want to.

What was the point of killing a family who weren't even wizards? What good would that do to destroy Harry Potter or the Ministry? The Dark Lord only confused me knowing that my father and his brothers were working off his orders.

"I don't understand-"

"There wasn't any reason for it Caroline." Draco lifts my chin up making me look at him. It was sad that I was becoming use to the unhealthy way he looked. If his attempt at murdering Dumbledore fails he will too go to Azkaban or worse he will be killed by the Dark Lord himself. I didn't want that to happen to Draco, we were young. "There is hardly any reason to kill someone when it comes to the Dark Lord." I'm about to speak when the common room door opens and two people enter.