15

A/N: Add my new fanfiction Birth of Hell [Tom Riddle Fanfiction] to your library please. You will not be disappointed.

15

The train whistle blew and with a jolt the cart started moving. I walked down the isle alone looking for an empty compartment.

"Watch it." I snarl once someone passes me by. They walk faster mumbling a quick sorry to themselves.

As they walk away and disappear to the next cart I feel guilty seeing that it was Neville Longbottom, my Herbology partner. Sighing to myself I find my brother seated in a compartment alone which was odd seeing that his friends were three doors down.

"What are you doing?" I question taking a seat in front of him. Louis only stares out the window, biting his thumb. His smooth caramel hair is tamed for once. I had an instinct to mess it up just to make him look like his fourteen year old self again. I still couldn't believe he was going to be fifteen this month.

"Sitting." He answers coldly. His attitude takes me by surprise but I swallow down my annoyance and give him a fake grin.

"Are you excited to come back to Hogwarts? You are almost done with your fourth year!"

"I don't need you to act like everything is fine Caroline. You know something is bothering me, don't even try to hide it. Leave me alone for once in your life. I don't need you."

"Louis - "

"Get out Caroline." Louis presses a hand to his forehead as if he has a terrible migraine while shaking his head. My heart breaks at Louis' words. I often forget he is not little anymore. The reminder hurt me knowing my little brother didn't need me anymore to protect him. I still wanted to help him. I still had many questions to ask him,

Why were you at the Malfoy Manor by yourself?

Why were you disrespectful to Draco?

Why was Draco angry with you?

These questions swirled around in my head, that I hadn't noticed I was still in Louis' compartment. I felt him take a fist full of my sweater and lift me out of the seat by force. His blue eyes held annoyance and rage as I scurried out of the compartment trying to get out of his strong grip.

"I said to get out and I meant it Caroline! You think you can magically fix people but you can't! Go fix your boyfriend and leave me be." With that he slid the door shut so roughly that the glass vibrated. I cringed waiting for it to break but it suddenly stopped shaking once I held out my wand pointing at the glass. With a sigh I made my way to another cart where booths and tables sat instead of compartments.

Finding a seat next to Judy Smith who was in my year; I grabbed a folded Wizards Weekly magazine from my coat pocket and began scanning over it, not paying attention to the other girls around me. Once I am near the last page I hear my name being said. I lift my head up with my mind in a daze; the girls look at me with amused looks.

"Sorry?" I ask feeling the blood rush to my cheeks in embarrassment. Placing the magazine on the table I carefully look at Judy whose hair color was similar to mine. The other two who were sitting across from us snickered clearly making fun of me. They were twins and in the fifth year. I couldn't say a good thing about them even if they got their cat-like faces fixed with a beautifier spell.

"Goyle has been throwing chocolate in your hair this entire time." One of the oily haired twin spoke with a thickness in her voice. It reminded me of a muscular man with a feminine voice; it always took you by surprise. The black haired twin looked at me with a sneer pointing at my head looking as if she is about to laugh.