05

05

"Please eat something." I beg. Draco stares down at his empty golden plate without blinking. My stomach tightens just noticing how thin he was getting. "Please Draco."

"I'm not hungry." He avoids looking at the food lining the Slytherin table. I ignore all the looks people give Draco, who I am sure, also noticed how unhealthy he looks but never dared to question him. Everyone (but me) was afraid of telling Draco what to do or how to do something. I watch with concern as he pushes the plate away from him and rests his head in the palm of his hand closing his eyes. "I don't feel well." He adds.

"It's because you haven't eaten anything in weeks!" I whisper not wanting to be overheard. I lean forward pushing his plate closer to him. "Just eat something. I can't stand seeing you like this!"

Draco finally looks up into my watering eyes only to suddenly look away not wanting to give in. Finally he lets out a sigh and grabs a few green grapes from the bowl in front of us and raises his eyebrows at me as if asking, 'Are you happy now?' I nod my head and start eating from my full plate before it all disappeared. Occasionally, I would look at Draco to make sure he was still eating and felt satisfied once I saw him take a bread roll and tear it piece by piece slowly.

"Do you want to come with me to Hogsmeade after breakfast?" Draco asks after only eating half of the bread roll. I frown at the food he had set down on the plate and pushed away even further. He waits for my answer and folds his arms on the table, leaning slightly.

"Of course." I smile and finish up with my toast. We stand from the table without acknowledging those who bid us goodbye and walk out of the Great Hall. Walking out to the courtyard we are about to make our way to the village when Filtch decides to stop us,

"I need to search you two, make sure you aren't carrying anything dangerous."

"But we just came from the castle, how could we possibly have anything dangerous?" I ask with my jaw clenched; I never liked Filtch. He smiles showing off his yellow teeth before taking out a little detector and waving it in front of me. I sigh and turn around so he can get the back of me before waving me off. I stand behind Filtch and cross my arms noticing how ridiculous Filtch looked with such a muggle-looking object. Draco seemed almost reluctant to allow Filtch to look over him and watch as he excitedly jumps in excitement once the detector beeps just over Draco's jacket pocket.

"What have we got here?" Filtch smirks at Draco and motions for him to turn out his pockets. Draco pulls a wrapped package out of his pocket but doesn't hand it over to Filtch who seems to be almost exploding with joy. "Something dangerous I presume!"

"No, you filthy squib, just a small present for someone special." Draco glances over at me. I could tell he was lying and decided to participate in it.

"Oh Draco, did you get me another gift?" I squeal and run over to him taking the package from his hands while kissing his cheek. Draco instantly understands what I was doing and wraps an arm over my shoulder kissing my forehead. He smirks over at Filtch who looks disappointed.

"Now would you excuse me, I have a date with my girlfriend to attend to." And with that we walk away from an angry looking Filtch and walk out of the courtyard and onto the snow covered trail towards Hogsmeade Village. I let out a small laugh and hand back over the package to Draco who stuffs it back into his pocket. I don't question the package; he probably wanted to mail it at the post office.

"You're lucky you have me."

"Yes I am." Draco nods his head and gives me a small smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. I listen to the sounds of laughter from around us, a few yards ahead of us are some third year Slytherin's who pelt some Ravenclaws with snowballs. The Ravenclaw boys glare over at the Slytherin boys and instantly attempt to hex them. I watch as one hex makes one of the boys start to vomit slugs making me remember of the time in second year, Wesel King decided to hex Draco. Though it went terrible for the red headed boy, landing him puking slugs for days. Draco seemed to have remembered the same thing as we both started to smirk once we looked at each other.