08

08

My legs dangle over the edge of the Astronomy Tower, swinging slightly as I explain to Draco everything that had happened in the common room. My wavy blonde hair ripples in the wind, blowing over my shoulder. My cheeks are red from the cold and crying, it was embarrassing crying over something so little.

Draco is seated beside me, both of our robes rippling by the soft wind. Small snowflakes fall down to the earth occasionally getting caught by our clothes and hair. I hold out my hand and feel the small snowflakes prickle chillingly against the palm of my hand. I observe the frozen snow as it turns into a small droplet of water against the warmth of my skin.

My tears had subsided only leaving my eyes puffy. I stare at the frozen Black Lake, watching the happy students ice-skate with their friends and lovers. It made me jealous to see everyone so happy and carefree.

"He lost control, it's hard for Louis to grip onto the fact that his father had been sent to Azkaban. He feels the same way as I did when I had found out about my father last year. I threatened Potter that I'd get him back for what he had done."

"You did get him back though," I laugh lightly. "You broke his nose on the train."

"I wouldn't call that getting back, maybe just a little anger reliever." I try to smile at this, hearing Draco's playful smile in his voice. He was trying to cheer me up. I feel him nudge his shoulder into mine making me giggle. I look down as Draco takes my hand in his, lacing our fingers together. I glance at him soaking in the rare grin he sent me while he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the back of my hand.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"For what?" He turns his head away from me, looking out at the rolling hills. The sun was just starting to set, the people ice-skating now walking inside for dinner. I stare down at our hands, the warm fuzzy feeling sparking inside of me, my cheeks starting to blush like a little girl.

"For always being there for me." I speak softly but loud enough for him to hear. I close my green eyes once he leans his head down and pecks me sweetly upon my heated cheek. He lingers for a moment, I can feel his lips move against my cheek as he whispers into my skin,

"There isn't any need to thank me."

"Do you think Louis will forgive me?" Draco nodded his head and gave me a reassuring look,

"I'm sure he will, he loves you Caroline."

...

Draco was wrong.

Three more days went by and not a single glance came my way from my brother. Every time I passed him in the hallway his friends would snicker and point at me, but he didn't do anything but walk right on by. Once I would enter the common room he would excuse himself from a conversation and jog upstairs to his dormitory. Never had Draco been so wrong.

Louis was always the one to forgive and forget, he would never hold a grudge against anyone no matter how angry they made him. This wasn't like Louis. He would never ignore me for such a long time. In my opinion I believed he was simply overreacting. His behavior of lashing out on me in front of everyone was childish and idiotic.

As the days passed by I found myself getting angrier at my little brother. Blaming him and accusing him of things that he had nothing to do with. I blamed him for my parents hating me, for my father abusing me and getting sent to Azkaban, for Draco's new mark upon his arm, and also for the reason the Vanishing Cabinet wasn't working yet.  I blamed Louis for things that were entirely out of his control. I didn't know where this sudden anger came from but it was bubbling inside of me almost as if a monster wanted to break free from my body; tired of being hidden.