10

10

I used to be able to trust others at one point in my life. Maybe my parents are to blame or maybe something is wrong with me? You should be able to trust the ones you love. You shouldn't have to be suspicious or cautious of them.  I often feel like trust is nothing but a weak feeling. Having to rely on others because you trust them, is to me, a weakness, but again I could always be wrong.

I'm just a sixteen year old girl. Who was born into a world that is only racist, greedy, and evil. I was born into a family who believed they could trust the most evil man to keep them safe. Who chose blood over friendship. If it wasn't for the racism over blood mixes, we would already have an army to fight against those who want to corrupt our world.

I'm only sixteen, my brother fourteen. The Dark Lord has already corrupted our very lives. Hogwarts was supposed to be safe but how is it safe when the Dark Lord could still enter our weak minds and make us suffer?

My hand caresses my neck, rubbing the bruised skin trying to keep the throbbing down. My lungs gasp for air, every new breath I take feels rewarding. I move my hair from my eyes staring up widely at the outstretched hand in front of me.

"Take it." He urges waving his outstretched hand slightly. My green eyes linger on his hand then back up to his face. Trust.

Should I trust the one person who loathes me just as much as I loathe him?

"Why should I?" I can feel myself going into shock. My hands shake while my eyes stare back up at Harry Potter. I can't tell the emotion in his eyes but I knew it wasn't full of hatred.

"Well, I did just save you." He sighs while raising his eyebrows waiting for me to take his hand. Not knowing why, I remove my hand from my neck and clasp it around his larger hand. Placing his other hand on my forearm he gently pulls me to my feet.

Black spots blur my vision for a few seconds but taking small breathes helps clear them away. Harry still holds onto my arm staring at me as if he was waiting for me to collapse back onto the floor. I nod my head letting him know I was fine. He takes a few steps back from me and glances over at my brother.

"H-How did you know?" I shakily asked in confusion wondering how Harry had found me.

"I followed you." He shrugs still looking over at Louis.

"Don't worry about him. He doesn't know what to do after what happened to our father." I say with a frown. I avoid Harry's eyes and rub my arm nervously.

Silently, I hoped he wouldn't go tell Dumbledore about what he had just witnessed. I didn't need Louis getting expelled and sent off back to our home. Surly the Dark Lord would be able to get his bony hands upon Louis.

"Is that all that was? He was choking you!" Harry exclaimed stepping forward looking confused and worried. Rolling my eyes I use my act and cross my arms over my chest.

"You seem really worried for a person who hates me." I glare at him. Harry pulls at his hair in frustration and sends the glare back at me.

"I was just helping. Without me he could have killed you!" Harry growls.

"Louis wouldn't have killed me! Clearly you haven't seen siblings fight before." I let out a shaky laugh shaking my head as if I thought the fact my brother and I had been fighting was funny. Rubbing my neck I walk cautiously but bravely to Louis who was starting to wake up. Getting onto my knees I place a soft hand upon his shoulder trying my best to stop from shaking.

"I won't tell anyone if that's what you are worried about." Harry speaks softly from the doorway. I look over to Harry and feel my lips form a small rare smile. He gives me a nod and walks out of the classroom.