Chapter 13

Songs: Thinking Out Loud- Ed Sheeran

Photograph- Ed Sheeran

Leonora Williams

"You look lovely." Niall smiled as I walked out into the living room. He was carrying a dozen roses.

I blushed and looked down at the ground then back up at him, "Thank you. You look amazing as well." And he did. He wore a black suit and his hair was perfect and so was everything else about him.

"Well, shall we?" He walked over and offered his arm, I nodded, "Yes."

"These are for you." He smiled handing me the roses as I laced my arm thorugh his. "I'll put these in a vase. Go have fun. Be safe." My mom said as I handed her the flowers.

"Bye mom." I waved to her as Niall opened the fron door for me.

"I am really glad we are going out. Just us." Niall said as he opened the passanger door.

"Me too." I smiled. He closed the door and walked ot the otherside of the car. My heart was racing out of my chest. I was going on a date. I've haven't been on one in such a very long time.

Niall got in and with a smile he started the car and took off towards the city.

"Now, I hope you like seafood." Niall said as he pulled up to a park. I eyed him as he parked the car. "Trust me?"

I bit my lip, "Yeah, I do."

He smiled and unbuckled. He jumped out of the car. I opened my door, Niall was there to help me out.

My hand fit perfectly in his, we were a few inches apart. His blue eyes sparkled in the moonlight, both his teeth and eyes put the stars and moon to shame.

" Thank you. " I smiled.

"Your welcome." We stood there, my hand still in his. I felt like a normal person. One who never felt pain, who never felt worthless. But a normal yet happy girl.

"You are so beautiful." Niall said. Shivers went down my spine. I have never been called that except for my parents. And Kenny.

I looked away, trying to hide my blush that was surfacing. "Look at me, please. I want to see you." His voice was soft.

I looked into his eyes slowly, then made a small smile. "I want to kiss you." Was all he said.

"I don't know, Niall." I said.

"I don't mean now, of course. Not that I don't want to right this second because I do. But, I just want you to know that I am absolutely crazy about you." After a few silent moments passed, since I could not find the words to speak, he pulled back, "Shall we?"

I nodded and we walked farther into the park, his hand laced in mine. His hand in mine, made my heart flutter. It was a feeling I have never experienced before. I had read books, seen movies, where the girl describes a feeling.

A feeling where nothing else seemed to matter. That her feet are on the ground but her heart is soaring in the clouds. The feeling of absolute happiness. That even though she takes one step back after two forward, she still feels content in those steps. The feeling as if her heart would burst at any second.

Well, that's what I feel right now, with Niall's hand in mine. We stopped in front of a park bench, a picnic basket was under it.

"I remember once, you told me how you loved shrimp and pasta." We sat on the bench, he opened the basket and handed me a yellow takeout box. "It's not real takeout. I found these at a party store. You said yellow was your favorite color." I smiled.