Chapter 17

Leonora Williams

One Month Later...

Kenny pulled through, barely. The doctors called it a miracle. One of his lungs had deflated and had a hard time filling back up. The solution was to put him on an oxygen tank. Everything else was changing rapidly as well.

"Move in with me." Niall announced one night over dinner. My fork covered in Noddles, in mid air, "What?"

"Move in with me, Nora. I'll take care of you and Kenny. I swear it."

I shook my head, "I don't know Niall. Your apartment-"

"I'll buy us a house." And that's exactly what he did. He bought a three bedrooms, two bath house on the outskirts of town. We all had our own rooms, I wasn't ready to share a room with Niall. He was so kind to us.

"When was the last time, you and Niall went out?" My mom asked as I finished reading a manuscript. Kenny and her decided to visit me during lunch. Kenny chewed on an apple slice while watching spongebob.

"Mummy?" I stood up from my desk and bent down, "Yes?"

"Will you fix the nose holes?" He asked. I moved it so both tubes delivered oxygen. It broke my heart to see him like this. So sick. So fragile.

I cupped his cheek, he smiled, "I love you."

"I love you, love bug." I kissed his forehead. I returned back to my desk, "I don't know, weeks?"

"Why doesn't Kenny stay with your father and I this weekend? So you and Niall can have a nice stress- free weekend."

"Mom."

She smiled, "Nora, you owe it to yourself."

"Alright, are you okay to stay with grandma this weekend?" Kenny's eyes lit up, "Yay!"

When I got off work, I headed home. I usually beat Niall home so I began cooking. I chopped chicken then began to fry them. Then the vegetables. Chicken Stir-fry was one of Niall's favorite.

"Wow!" Niall exclaimed as he walked into the front door, his bag dropped. He came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around my waist, his chin rested on my shoulder.

"This smells amazing." He pressed a kiss lightly on my neck.

"Go throw your crap in the bedroom, where it belongs." He chuckled lightly, "I'll throw you in the bedroom." He walked away.

My stomach flipped as I knew how tonight would unfold.

. . . . .

Niall and I sat on the couch, I was sipping sparkling water as Niall was strumming on his guitar. "I never knew you could play."

He smiled, "I started playing in middle school."

"Why? Was it to impress a girl?" I teased.

He chuckled, "Yeah, it was."

I sat my glass down, "Does it still work?"

Niall sat down his guitar down and pulled me closer to him, "You tell me." He cupped my cheek and pressed his lips to mine. His tongue intertwined with mine. He tasted of mint and cherries. 

We leaned back, Niall pulled away as he hovered above me, "You are so beautiful, Nor." It was no longer Niall's face, it was his. I froze as Niall's moved to my neck. 

 "You are so beautiful, Nor." I whimpered as tried to fight him. "Please." I cried as he continued to pin my arms down. He slammed his lips to mine, he tasted of cigarettes and cinnamon.

"Shh, I'm just giving you your gift. Happy Birthday, Nora."

I pushed Niall off of me and stood up. I couldn't breathe. It felt like the world was closing in.

"Nora?" Niall reached out to comfort me.

"Jax, get off please. Please!" I screamed.

"Jax? Who's Jax? Nora, what's wrong?" I didn't answer as air continued to escape me, "I can still feel him!"

"Tell me what's wrong! Who is Jax? I can handle it."

"No you can't. No one wants to handle hearing how a 15 year old girl was raped."

. . .

The secret has been revealed! Next chapter will be filled with tons of flashbacks regarding Nora's not so secret- secret. Please comment and vote! love you.