Chapter 14

Leonora Williams

I pulled back, my face grew hot. "I apologize, I don't know what came over me and-"

Niall silenced me by pressing his lips to mine. He pulled away, "I'm not sorry."

I smiled, "You've got moves, Horan." That sounded completely dirty. But it rolled off my tongue before I could stop it.

He laughed, "On and off the field." I blushed.

"Sorry, that was unlike me." "Same." I tucked a stray hair behind my ear.

"I'm really glad, we did this." I said.

"Me too. I didn't know what to do. I haven't done this in a while." He turned red, "Dating, I mean."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He bit his lip. "If you don't want to tell me, it's totally fine. I was nervous as well."

"No, no, no. I just don't want to overwhelm you on the first date." I placed my hand on top of his, "You can tell me."

He sighed, "I was married before." Oh. "Her name was Dawn. And she was my high school sweetheart. She was-" He paused, "My soulmate. We had been through so much together."

"What happened to her?" I asked. He swallowed, "She died. She was involved in a horrible crash."

"Niall." "There's something else."

More? How could there be more? "My son died along with her."

My heart broke, "How old was he?"

"Seven months." I heard the tears in his voice.

"What was his name?"

"Cyrus James Horan." I leaned over and hugged him. "Hey, it's going to be okay. We all have our scars." Niall pulled back.

"Yeah, we do." My heart raced. Should I tell him? It won't be hard. He'll understand.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked. "I-I," Even though we were outside I couldn't get enough air.

"Nora?" I stood up. My eyes began watering as I though about that night almost six years ago. "I need to go. I-I am really sorry. B-but I-I." I took off before I could explain.

I couldn't breathe. His voice echoed in my mind.

"You're mine."

"No one is ever going to believe you."

"They'll think it's your fault."

"It is you're fault."

"Nora?" Someone touched my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I just-"

"Say no more. C'mon let's get you home." He held my hand to the car.

. . .

"Mummy!" Kenny yelled as he ran, arms outstretched, towards me when I got home from work the next day.

I bent down in my heels and caught him, "Hi baby. How was your day?" I asked.

"I don't feel well." He said softly. I felt his forehead, it was hot.

"I'll call Dr. Westmore," I hugged him.

Thirty minutes later, we were in the hospital, Kenny laid in the giant bed, asleep. IVs hooked up to him, his heartbeat echoed across the room. I had his tiny hand in mine, "I love you, Kenny. It's going to be alright. You'll see." I sniffled.

"Nora?" The doctor stood in the doorway.

I wiped my face and slowly put down Kenny's hand. I rushed out the door.

"Yes?" I closed the door quietly.

He sighed, "Nora."

"Just tell me. Please."

"It seems as if his body is rejecting the treatment." My lip quivered as I shook my head.

"I am so sorry. We are going to have to keep him here, to keep an eye on him." My tears fell onto the floor. Philip hugged me, "It's okay."

Philip was my first friend here and the first person I told about Kenny. I sobbed in his shoulder.

I pulled back after a few moments, "Thank you Phil."

"Don't loose hope, okay? He's a fighter." He said. I nodded, I returned back to Kenny's side.

I held his hand, and looked at him, "I'm here, baby. I'm here." I took a deep breath, "You can let go anytime. I'll understand."

I bowed my head as more tears fell to the ground.

Niall Horan

I pulled up to Nora's house after the game, we won by two goals. I knocked on the white door.

Samantha opened the door, "Niall." She sounded surprised.

"Hey," I smiled, "Is Nora here?"

"Um, yes but she is sleeping. I'll let her know you stopped by." Something seemed off.

"Oh okay. Thank you." I walked back to my car. Nora and I haven't spoken since I took her home from our date.

As I drove, I could still feel her lips on mine. The way her eyes creased as she laughed.

Everything about her just was perfect. She was perfect. I pulled up to my apartment. It was cold and big. And lonely.

I moved in about a year ago. I sold my old house when I couldn't bear looking at it anymore.

The safari themed nursery haunted me, everyday. Dawn's and I room made me sick. I went mad living there without them. I had to leave.

Now, I just feel alone. There were two other rooms here. Both empty. Maybe Nora and Kenny could move in. I pulled out my phone. I dialed her number, it went straight to voicemail.

"Hey it's Nora and Kenny." Both their voices filled my apartment. "Sorry we couldn't get to the phone. Leave your name and number and we'll get back to you." Then the beep.

"Hey Nora, it's Niall. I don't know if your mum told you, but I came by. I was just thinking of you and Kenny. Um, call me back as soon as you can. And Nora, I-" I caught my breath, "I love you."