Chapter 18

Five Years Ago...

Leonora Williams

"Nora!" My mother yelled as I finished applying mascara. My friends were to arrive at any moment and I could not be more excited.

She called again. I slipped on some gold flats that matched my soft pink dress and gold cardigan. I ran down the stairs, "Yes?"

"Oh honey. You look amazing." She lifted her camera to her eyes and I glared.

"Just one? Please?" She begged, I sighed and pulled a smile. The camera clicked.

My friends started coming one by one till over 25 had shown up. It was going great. The sun was shinning bright. Laughs, music, and clapping sounded through the air.

"Alright guys!" I climbed onto a chair, as my guest surrounded me, each had a red solo cup filled with punch. "We are going to play our giant game of hide-go-seek. And the person who is it first is," I reached into the fish bowl full of everyone's name in it. "Mark! Now on three, he will close his eyes and we will all run. The boundaries are my yard, no one is permitted to go in the house or outside of the yard. Okay? One, two, three!" I yelled.

I took off to the bushes, I crouched down behind one.

A boy with brown hair and warm eyes was next to me. He was from my math class. He was two years older than I was. Jax Richards, all the girls loved him because he was a bad boy. He drove a motorcycle, wore leather jackets, and smoked cigarettes. "Hi." I blushed.

"Hey," He smiled.

"Thanks for coming." I whispered.

"Thanks for the invite." A few moments passed before he spoke again, "Hey, I have to leave a tad early. Could you open my present?"

"Uh, yeah. When?" I asked, looking over at Mark, who was clueless as to where everyone was.

"Now, possibly?" I looked over at him, he was so charming. "Yeah." I smiled, "But we can't get caught by Mark."

He grabbed my hand, sending butterflies to go off, "C'mon." We made a run to it as Mark's back was turned away from us. My parents were grilling and talking to the other parents, but yet we still slipped past them, somehow. He still held my hand as we entered my house. "Where's your room?" he asked.

"Upstairs." I didn't question why he wanted to go up there, I was just so happy that Jax Richards was holding my hand.

"What door?" He asked when we made it up. "That one." I pointed to the white one.

He led me inside. I went in first, he closed the door behind us. I looked around my mint and silver room, nothing.

"Hey, where's-" I turned around and I broke off as I watched him lock the door.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"Oh Nora." He cupped my cheek. I stepped back, "Jax, what's going on?" I asked.

He moved closer, every step he took, I backed up one. Until, my legs hit my bed. He pushed me down, I tried to get up but he pinned me down, "Don't move. I'm giving you your present." His lips began kissing my neck. It felt wrong.

"Jax, get off!" I begged.

"Shh." He slammed his lips to mine. He tasted like cinnamon and cigarettes. I tried to fight back. He pulled back and he stood up, I tried ot stand up but he just pushed me down again. "You'd be smart if you stayed down and kept quiet. Understand?"