Chapter 22

"Nora," Jax sighed, "I want to see him. You can't hide him from me."

I felt Niall's gaze on me, I looked over at him. "Hang up, if you need too." 

I nodded, covering the mouth piece, "Can I have some privacy, this is something I can't ignore." 

He stood up and kissed my cheek, and went inside. "New boyfriend?"

"Is it any of your concern?" I said, boldly. 

He chuckled, "I guess it's not. Nora, I want to see him."

"Not a chance in hell."

"Why are you-"

"Being like this?" I finished, "Well there are a ton of reasons why I am." 

"Leonora, you owe me." He growled. 

"I owe you? Please. Jax, I owe you nothing. Okay?"

"This is what is going to happen, you're going to meet me somewhere, I don't care where but you are going to meet me and bring my son. And no boyfriend. Things can get pretty bad for you if you don't comply"

"Jax, you need to leave me alone." My heart raced, "You can't meet him." 

"Nor, don't be stupid. If you don't meet me, I'll find you. I'll be in contact soon." The line went dead. My heart stopped, I knew he would find me. I couldn't let him. I couldn't let him find Kenny. Especially now. The cool air filled my lungs as I breathed it in. 

I closed my eyes, "Dear God, it's me again. Please don't let him find me or Kenny. I know you have a plan for us but it shouldn't include Kenny meeting his father. I know I should let him but Jax has taken so much from me. My childhood, my innocence, he is about to take away Kenny from me. Please protect us from him and don't let him find me. Amen." 

"Nora?" Niall opened the sliding door. 

"I'm fine." I lied. The truth was I was dying inside. I don't know how he found my number, and how he found out about Kenny. This was the moment I had been dreading for years. 

"Okay, do you want to come in?" He asked. 

"Uh, not right now. I just need to be alone." I didn't look at him. 

"I understand. I love you." He spoke quietly. 

I turned around, Niall stood there, hands in his pockets, "I love you too." 

"Alright. I'm going to go to bed." 

I nodded, "Goodnight."

"Night." He closed the door behind him. I closed my eyes as I sank to the ground. I wasn't crying but fear had completely filled me. I felt like I was 15 again and I couldn't move or breathe. I tucked my knees under my chin, as I tried to get rid of the panic. 

You're so beautiful, Nor. 

You're mine, now. 

If you tell anyone, I will come for you.

No one will believe you. 

This is ALL your fault. 

I started to cry, "Get out of my head. It wasn't my fault." 

My phone started ringing again, it was my dad. "Princess?"

"Dad." I wiped my eyes. 

"Are you okay? I know it's late but someone tipped off Jax about Kenny."

"I know." I said, "He just called me."

"Honey, I think you and Kenny should come home where I can protect you." I closed my eyes, I know he could but-- "Dad, I can handle this." 

"Nora, we both know that him meeting Kenny-"

"He won't." I sighed. "I need to go check on Kenny, okay? I'll talk to you tomorrow." 

"Okay. Night, sweetheart." I hung up, I stood up griping onto the railing for support. I walked back into the house, I headed to Kenny's room. I opened his door to see him sound asleep. His room had Dr. Suess characters all over thanks to his lamp. I closed his door. 

"Nora?" Niall sat up when I opened his door. "Are you okay?"

His room smelt like rain, I walked over to Niall. He swung his legs over the bed, "Nora?"

I grabbed his face and kissed him. 

He pulled away, "What was that for?"

"I don't know." His lips mine again.