Chapter 16

Leonora Williams

"Hello?" I repeated. When there was no answer, I hung up.

"Odd." Margie said.

"Truly." I responded. Kenny was still, in his bed. Not moving.

"I can't bear to see him like this." I touched his forehead, it was scorching hot. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"You don't have to stay here, I know you have to get home." I hugged myself. "Nora, are you sure?" Margie asked.

I nodded, "I should try to get some sleep before he wakes."

She walked over and grabbed her purse and hugged me. She kissed Kenny's forehead, "Get better sweet boy."

I waved as she left, when she was gone. I sank into the chair next to Kenny's bed. I needed some sleep, I had gone almost 29 hours without one wink of sleep. I looked at Kenny once more before slowly closing my eyes, drifting into a dream.

Kenny sat on the counter, watching me as I put a batch of cookies into the stove. Something we always did on Sundays.

"Mummy," Kenny said.

"Yes?" I said, turning my attention to him.

"When is daddy coming home?" He asked.

I froze, why was he asking? "Why?" He shrugged his small shoulders, "I don't know, I met a man today and he told me to ask you."

"Kenny." I said, "Where did you see that man?"

"At the park with Grandma. She went to go get ice cream and I was on the swing. He said, I looked so grown up. That I looked like my dad."

"Baby, what did I tell you about talking to strangers?" I asked.

"He said he wanted to be my friends, tell me all his secrets." Kenny had no clue what he was saying.

I heard his voice in my head, come on Nora. Let me show you some secrets. They're in my room. Don't worry, everyone is outside playing in the pool. Relax.

I realized I was no longer in the kitchen or even at my mom's house. I was at his house.

He smiled at me, "What do you not trust me?"

"It's not that, Jax. I just think I should return to my party. I mean, everyone is outside waiting for me." I looked at his door.

I felt his hand on my arm, "Nora, I wanted to give you my gift. Don't you want it?'

"I should get back."

"No, you really shouldn't." I heard a beeping noise, it was fast.

I snapped my eyes open, the heart monitor was beeping like crazy, trying to get a pulse. "HELP!" I screamed as I checked on Kenny. Tears consumed my vision. No, no, no.

A flood of nurses ran in, they began checking Kenny. A doctor filed in. "What's happening?" I demanded. No one answered.

"Is he going to be alright?! Someone answer me, damn it!" I yelled.

"Clear her out!" The doctor ordered as the machine berserk. A male nurse grabbed me by my waist. "No, please. No. That's my baby. Please" I kicked and sobbed.

"Ma'am come down." The nurse ordered as he sat me down in front of Kenny's room. the machine still was going off.

"No. Please, let me see him. I need to know what's-"

"Nora?" I turned to see Niall standing there. In his jersey and shorts, his hair was a mess.

I started crying even more, "They won't-t." My voiced cracked as I sank to the ground. Niall rushed over, he wrapped his arms around me, he stroked my hair as I continued to wail for my child.

A/n: Short chapter update! YAY! Sorry I couldn't continue without giving a TON away! Thank you all for the support. Y'all rock! Love you!