Chapter 10

Few days later..

"So what are you doing this evening?" Margie asked as she played with Kenny.

"Thanksgiving dinner. Kenny no!" I grabbed the stappler from his hand and put it back on my desk.

"Thanksgiving? The American holiday?"

I nodded as I handed Kenny an apple slice. "Yes, we still celebrate it, even thought we're in the UK." I said.

"Makes sense. Now, what about you know who." Niall.

I sighed as I sat down in my chair, "My mum, being so unbelievably weird, invited him over for dinner."

"You're kidding." Margie said. I shook my head, "We haven't even really spoken since." I looked at Kenny, who was watching TV on his tablet now.

"Wait, has he said anything?"

"Yes."

"So let me get this straight. Niall has tried to contact you, but you being the stubborn woman that you are, haven't responded." Again, I nodded. "Nora, talk to him."

Before I could respond, my telephone starred ringing, I pushed the speaker button.

"Yes?"

"Miss Williams, um someone is here to see you." It was Joanna.

"Oh, alright. Send then in." I said.

"Look," Margie said, "Nora, you can't do that to someone. Spring some big news on them and just leave then puzzled."

I bit my lip, "I know. I know. I just need sometime to decide what happens next. Kenny has an appointment tomorrow. And he keep asking me about you know who." A knock came to my door.

"I'll get it," Margie stood up and walked to the door. She opened it. A familiar head of blonde hair stood at the door with two dozen roses.

"Niall!!" Kenny yelled, throwing off his headphones and running towards him.

He smiled, "Hey Kenny!"

I froze. Margie looked from me to Niall, puzzlement evident on her face. "Kenny, why don't you go with Aunty Marg, to go see her office." I forced a smile.

"Yes, come Kenny." Margie smiled as she picked up Kenny, who was still in awe that Niall was here. Thank you, I mouthed to Margie as they left.

"Hi." I made a small smile.

"Hi yourself." He said. I but my lip again, "Who are the flowers for?" I asked.

"Kenny." He said softly.

"Niall,  I'm sorry I haven't talked to you. I just don't know what to say or to do."

He sat the flowers down on the desk, "Nora, I care about you and Kenny. And nothing is going to change that."

"I appreciate that, Niall. But I don't need pity. Kenny and I were doing just fine before. I don't want pity."

He grabbed my hands, "Okay. I know what it's like to feel pity. I really do. Nora all I want you to know is, I'm here for you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Thank you."