Chapter 2

Leonora's POV

The black SUV pulled up, I looked at the seven digit number on my hand and smiled. "Mum!" Kenny said, "Grandma is here!"

I smiled, No Nora, do not do it. Do not fall in love with him. Remember what happened to the last time you feel for someone.

"Mum!!!!" Kenny said louder.

"Huh, oh, come on." I said as I opened the door. "Hi mum." I said as I buckled in Kenny. "mum, I got this!" Kenny swatted my hands away. I sighed as I closed the door and climbed into the front seat. My mum watched me, "Did we win?"

"Grandma, yes! it was so cool!" Kenny squealed from the back.

"It was." I smiled as I thought about Niall's smile.

"Nora?" My mum said.

"What?"

"You okay?"

"Better than ever." I said as she drove away from the stadium.

I looked out the window as she drove away, rain started to fill the sky. I leaned my head against the cool window, today was stressful.

After Kenny's appointment, we were out to lunch and Kenny started crying about how his chest was hurting. I turned around to make sure he was okay. He was slowly starting to fall asleep, his eye lids were fluttering shut slowly.

"You okay?" My mum interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, just thinking."

"He is going to get better hun. Don't worry, have faith."

"I always do."

"I know, sweetie."

Ten minutes later we were home. I carried Kenny in, he seemed lighter than usual, tears threatened my eyes. I sat him down in his bedroom. It was a Dr. Seuss themed room, he was Kenny's favorite. "Baby, we need to clean you up."

"Okay, mummy." He rubbed his eyes. "Can we read Green eggs and ham after?"

"Of course! Don't we every night." I smiled.

He grinned, "You're the best mum."

I bent down to help take off his coat, "Wait." Kenny held up a tiny hand so he could take off his signed hat and set it on his bed.

I unzipped his jacket, exposing his head. Which had blonde patches of peach fuzz. I looked at his head and closed my eyes. I felt two little hands cup my cheeks, I opened my eyes to see Kenny looking at me, "Mummy, I'm okay."

I hugged him, "I know baby."

After his bath, and he was dressed in his batman pajamas, we laid in his tiny toddler bed, which held both of us.

We were reading Green eggs and Ham.

"Okay, I'll be Sam okay, Bud?" I said. He nodded.

I cleared my throat, his room was illuminated by his Sam-I-Am lamp. "I am Sam. I am Sam. Sam I am. Your turn buddy." I poked his stomach, he giggled, "That Sam-I-Am. That Sam-I-Am. I do n-not l-like that Sam-I-Am. Mummy?"

"Yes, baby?" I asked.

"Why doesn't the man like Sam-I-Am." He asked.

"I think its because, he doesn't know Sam-I-Am."

"Just like my daddy?" I froze. He was asking me about his dad. "Uhh,"

"Mum?"

"Y-yes, j-just like your d-dad." I stuttered. Kenny smiled and curled closer to me, "I-I knew it."