Chapter Twenty Six

A/N

Hey guys! It's been SOOOOOO LONG!!!!!! I just wanna thank everyone who has read the whole book. The numbers have been insane - over a hundred thousand reads! Thank you so much <3

Not gonna lie, I haven't been writing and reading a lot lately. I'm now more of a Netflix and chill kind of girl. I'm nervous about continuing this book because I've changed and I'm not sure I can keep writing the same style that I've used all throughout. But, here's to trying. Thanks again for being a part of Scarlett's/Brandon's journey. 

**

SCARLETT'S POV

"So,  do you think it worked?" I asked, giggling like crazy.

"Yeah, looks like," laughter "..we.." laughter "...fooled..." laughter "them." Sarah wheezed, clutching her stomach. 

I couldn't help but admire her crazy laugh, even though we were in the middle of pranking our friends. I know, I know. It seemed a bit cruel. But someone's got to create some sort of drama, right? Who am I kidding? Just cruel? Riley will go nuts from trying to cover this up! (A/N: Riley's the band manager)

I used fake blood that I bought from Walmart and a full body mannequin that I bought from a thrift store. Not bad, eh? Not bad indeed. I thought about the prank after waking up from my last blackout. I just wanted a distraction from the fact that maybe I was too far gone. You only live once, right?

"Should we go back now?" Sarah asked, a hint of worry in her voice. She readjusted her glasses. "Was this too much?"

I replied calmly, "Nah, it's not too much. It's just them. But the police might think otherwise." I grinned.

Wait, let's rewind. What happened to Sarah? 

***
SARAH'S POV

A few hours earlier...

For the past three months, I've been contemplating on what to do because I didn't know how to deal with knowing that someone very close to me was dying. I've been there before. It took me a lot of sessions with my therapist to help me process what I could do. I know, that wasn't the best thing that a best friend could do. I know that I should've been there for Scar, but I needed time. I needed to go at my own pace.

Now, I know what I want. I wanted to be with her. No matter what.

I knew that they had a show that night. I actually knew about every show that they had. And as much as I wanted to go to every single one, I couldn't. This time, I'm ready.  So, I sneaked in the back. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. I had no one to help me from the band. I basically cut ties with them too so I wouldn't be tempted to contact Scar. 

Being the polite person that I was, I actually knocked on Scar's door and didn't get inside without her permission.

"Just a sec!" The door opened.

She was flabbergasted. She shut the door behind me. Seconds later, her gaping turned into grinning. Grinning turned into hugging. Hugging turned into kissing. LOTS of kissing. The kind of kissing where I was pressed against the door with my arms wrapped around her. For a couple of minutes, words didn't need to be said. 

I stared at her. "You look... amazing." She was wearing her usual Brandon outfit, a dark gray shirt and ripped jeans. 

"You look ravishing." She replied with a smirk.

I felt my cheeks get warm. "Oh stop it." Oh boy, was I fan girling inside. 

"Good thing you're here. I don't think I'll be able to do this thing on my own." Scar exclaimed.

"What thing?" I asked. What could Scar possibly have in mind before a concert? Uh-oh. Oh no, I think I know what she wanted to do. "Wait, nevermind that I asked." I rolled my eyes, amused and slightly irritated at the same time. Don't blame me for being a goody two-shoes.

"Oh yeah. It's going to be amazing!" She cackled. 

I couldn't help at laugh at her attempt to sound like a bad guy on TV. "Ok so, what do we do?"

"First, we..."

***

A/N

Short, I know! But I just wanted to give you guys something. I hope you guys liked this chapter. It's been a long while since I last started writing again. Thanks again to everyone who's been reading this. I love you all so much! :) 

10 votes? 10 Comments? :*