Chapter Fifteer - Finally

************

SCARLETT'S POV

I guess I took her for granted.

"No shit, Sherlock."

I looked up from the piece of paper containing the lyrics of our new song. Wait, did I really just say that out loud?

Alex smirked, "Yeah, you just said that out loud."

I gave him a "What the hell?" look and he laughed, "Come on Scar, you've been like this for a while now. What's wrong?"

I sighed weakly, "I don't know..."

His eyebrows furrowed with concern, "It's Sarah, isn't it?" He knows me too well.

I replied with a shrug and sunk back into our studio's white, big couch.

Alex sat beside me and he patted his lap. "Come on, might as well rest if you're going to keep it all to yourself."

I gave him a small smile and slowly positioned my head over his lap. I didn't really feel like talking. I felt so damn tired. "Thanks Alex," I murmured.

I knew he heard me because he replied with, "You know I'll always be here for you..." and then I fell into the deep slumber that has been haunting me for the past few days.

*

"Sarah?" I called. "Hey, where are you?" We've been playing hide and seek for the past two hours and it's starting to get dark, something our parents wouldn't be so happy about.

"Saraaaaaaaaaah!" She didn't answer again. I looked under every nook and cranny of my family's humongous backyard garden, but still no Sarah. I was about to turn another corner when something jumped from the dark.

"Gotcha!"

Without any warning, Sarah began to hug me tightly-while giggling uncontrollably. "You should have seen your face!" she squealed.

I rolled my eyes, smiling nonetheless. "Mom and dad's gonna kill me if we don't get inside now." I tried to sound stern but I couldn't.

She kept hugging me and sighed, "I guess so..."

I ruffled her curly, unruly, black hair once she let me go and we walked towards the back door holding hands. "Mom's really gonna kill me, you know..."

Sarah grinned, swinging our entwined hands playfully. "I know."

*

"Scar," a voice whispered softly.

I opened my eyes slowly and was greeted by Sarah's concerned face. "Am I still asleep?"

She shook her head and gave me a small smile, "I don't think so."

One good look at her tanned face and everything came back to me. "Sarah, I know I should've told you from the st-" She held up one finger and smiled, "I'm only glad you're okay now."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You've been under coma for one whole week," she explained uncomfortably, shifting her gaze from my eyes to the white, hospital sheets beside me. "And I realized something."

I was about to speak when she caressed my cheek gently.

"You mean so much to me," she continued with a whisper and her eyes were starting to well up with tears. "I don't know what the heck's going on but no matter what it is, I'm not going to leave you. You're my best friend and..." her cheeks were starting to turn pink but she still looked me in the eye. "And I'm in love with you."

I grew silent, one of the rare moments that was becoming quite frequent.

Her eyes started to widen with panic and she started making these weird gestures with her hands that she only did when she was extremely nervous. "I'm sorry, I just thought that you a-and I feel the s-same w-" To shut her up, I supported my upper body with my elbows and kissed her luscious lips. I only intended for one small peck but she kissed me back, with so much passion that I thought my heart would explode. My best friend was in love with me too. It was only fair that I kissed her back with the same amount of passion. I never knew it was possible to be this happy.

After some time, I traced her lower lip with my tongue and moaned with the feel of our sweet lips entwined once she let me inside.

A loud, rude, cough stopped us from our make out session and I could only groan in response. I pulled Sarah closer by getting my hand tangled in her hair and continued kissing her sweetly. The coughing started again and I know Sarah would be embarrassed, so I stopped kissing and went back to lying down helplessly on the cozy, looking hospital bed. I wasn't surprised to find Alex with a goofy grin on his face and Sarah with a heated, probably embarrassed face.

"Enjoying yourself too much, eh?" Alex teased, sending me a wink.

I rolled my eyes but smiled inwardly. Sarah's hand was merely inches away from mine so I gently laced our hands together where they should belong. I sent her a reassuring smile and she smiled shyly in return.

"Shut up Alex," I croaked. My throat suddenly felt dry. "Make yourself useful and get me some water." I tried to make my voice deep, to copy those demanding men on TV. but I ended up with coughing fits. Sarah patted my back gently and her eyes were full of pity. Alex got me water within seconds and I coughed a "Thanks," before gulping down. Sarah grabbed the glass from my hand and placed it on top of the desk beside the bed.

I let out a satisfied sigh and immediately asked Alex, "So what did the Doctor say?"

Alex' grinning face fell and he avoided my gaze. "I think we should wait for your dad..." What? So my 'sickness' was so bad that I needed my dad to be with me when I hear the news?

I nodded reluctantly and then turned my attention back to Sarah.

Finally, I can have her with me more than just my best friend.

Finally.

A/N: WHat are your thoughts on changing the title from "She's Beautiful" to "Brandon?"