PROLOGUE

It's so damn annoying how some(most) guys are so fucking conceited that they don't bother looking at the conservative, yet worth waiting for, girls around them. Oh how I wish I could make them all see how stupid they're all being. Those unworthy creatures should all burn in hell. They piss me off too much for me to just let it go and 'let nature take its course.

Come on, someone's gotta do something about it!

I furiously wrote down my diary and sighed. In the corner of my eye, I saw the picture of me and my best friend in a small, cheap, black and white frame. Smiling, I picked it up and hugged it close to my chest.

My best friend's one of the main reasons I'm so pissed at guys. Sure, I'm one of those girls who likes to wear short skirts and dresses but hey, I'm so tired of hearing "I love you." from every single guy I date, especially when they say it for their – uh, certain needs. If you know what I mean. Sarah, my best friend, is one of the most beautiful girls I've seen up close and personal. She's gorgeous even without make up. While I on the other hand, have to put on eyeliner and mascara every single day to feel beautiful.

While I'm busy worrying about what to wear to parties I've been invited to (which is like, almost every day), she's busy worrying about tomorrow's exam. It's not my fault that once I hear or read something, it'd be hard to forget. I guess I pretty much have a photographic memory.

Sarah works hard to keep her grades up 'cause she's on a scholarship, another reason why guys aren't head over heels for her. She's been wearing this pair of big, black, circular glasses since the fourth grade and trust me, without them guys probably wouldn't care if she carries these big books all the time around school.

I've tried countless number of times to tell her she's a hot chick and she just keeps on brushing me off. And she says she doesn't care about those kinds of things.

"Look, the right guy for me's gonna arrive someday." She's told me over and over again.

But what if the right guy turns out to be the girl who's been with you since the first grade?

Hi, I'm Scarlett Brandon but you can call me Scar.