Chapter Twenty One

Thanks KaylaLacey for reminding me to upload! <3 Y'all should thank her too lol

BRANDON

Chapter Twenty One

COPYRIGHT ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

ALEX

She was sent to the hospital… again.

Scarlett was found unconscious on her living room floor, wearing the same clothes from the party. Seriously, what’s up with her health? She was fine that day… or maybe we were too ignorant to notice. I smacked a hand to my forehead.

“Damn!”

That hurt.

“What’s up with you?” Sam inquired from beside me while I was easing the pain I inflicted upon my poor, sexy forehead.

We were trying to think of reasons why Scar would be in the hospital right now. Reasons why she was diagnosed with that… disease.

I ignored him and came to a revolting conclusion-

We were beyond ignorant. We failed to notice the signs that were right in front of us, ready to slap us with reality.

I turned to Sam with wide eyes. “She was sick all along…” I whispered and fell back on the couch and groaned.

Josh and Sam exclaimed, “Sick?” and “What?” at the same time.

“Yeah,” I replied quietly and started thinking of the times when Scar looked too tired and those bags under her eyes that even make up couldn’t conceal.

“Oh my God…” Johann muttered.

“Sh*t,” Josh exclaimed, standing up.

We all turned to him anxiously.

“She’s-”

“She’s what?”

“She’s really-”

Sam stood up and started shaking Josh’s shoulder profusely. “She’s really what? Just spit it out already!”

“She’s f*cking dying…”

*

SARAH

It took me a good ten minutes to digest what just came out of Josh’s mouth. What did they mean she’s dying? She’s fine! She’s more than fine, she’s awesome… she’s…

“Sarah?”

I blinked back the tears and found Scar looking down on me. I didn’t realize that I was already on the floor until she got my attention.

I immediately wiped the tears with both my hands and stood up. “What are you doing here?”

She grinned and placed her hands on her hips. “Why would I not be here? We have a gig tonight!” Though she was acting like nothing was wrong, she couldn’t fool me. Her face was pale, dark bags were under her eyes and she seemed to be having trouble keeping that huge smile on her face.

Before I knew it, tears were starting to drip down my face again.

Her forced smile turned into a frown and I just stood there, staring at her like she was somebody else. Like she was somebody I didn’t know.

She cautiously walked towards me, pasting that unsure smile on her face. She almost looked scared. “Sarah?”

I took a step back involuntarily and managed to say, “Stay away… stay away from me.”

I faintly heard her sharply take a breath as she reached out to me.

“You knew, didn’t you?”

a/n: chapter 20 didn't get 50 votes so... had to cut this... KILL ME NOW. :(((

Check out the music to the right~~~~~>