Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

***

"What do you mean?" Johann, our bassist, asked from my left; his dark eyes narrowing slightly.

Riley sighed for the thousandth time and sat down on the big chair behind the desk right in front of us. He leaned back comfortably and sighed once again in frustration.

"Will you stop that already?" Alex's irritated voice boomed through my precious ears.

I covered them up with my hands and shouted, "Fuck Alex, shut up."

Alex muttered, "You shut up."

I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and placed my hands back down to my sides. I was so not in the mood. "What's really the matter Riley?"

He inhaled deeply and exhaled.

I rolled my eyes once again when Alex started saying, "Stop doing tha-"

I groaned. "Shut the fuck up Alex."

I could feel his glare boring holes through the side of my face, but I ignored it and gestured for Riley to continue.

He cleared his throat and set himself into a more authoritative position. "Do you remember the death threat, Scarlett?"

I nodded slowly in response, dreading to hear the next words he would utter.

"Well, the police traced the culprit and was apparently from a fan that was ultimately deranged to the extent that he had to be placed at an asylum for a year," he explained calmly. "But right now, he's still at some police station at his home town."

I was having a hard time digesting the information Riley just gave me. I had a deranged fan? How the heck was I supposed to handle that situation?

Riley's voice distracted me from my thoughts. "The media's been bothering me for a while with questions regarding this matter," his stated, the volume of his voice going down. "I suggest you keep yourselves away from the public for a couple of weeks and just don't catch that much attention to yourselves. Understand?"

I nodded quietly and heard my other band mates murmur in response.

Then a thought came into my mind. "Wait, even as Scarlett I should be careful?"

Riley looked at me like I had two heads. "Yes, of course. The fan already knew who you really are from the start."

I raised an eyebrow and he raised his hands in surrender.

"Don't ask me how he found out because even the police who interviewed him don't know," he quickly added.

I sighed and turned to look at my band mates. They were all looking at me skeptically. "What?" I suppressed a smile. They all looked too freaking adorable; Alex's head was cocked to the side, Johann's face was scrunched up in concentration, Sam, our drummer, was having his eyebrows raised and Josh, our pianist was having a hard time keeping himself balanced at the arm rest of the couch.

"I have an idea," Johann suddenly declared.

Alex grinned. "Go on."

Johann's brown eyes sparkled with excitement. "We could all crash into Scar's place until this, quote, unquote issue dies down." He looked like a child who was going to be given candy for his supposedly amazing idea.

I was about to decline when Josh piped up, "Yeah, that's an awesome idea. That way we can all keep an eye on each other..." He added quickly when he saw my perplexed face, "I mean-just to make sure everyone's safe and stuff."

Sam nodded in agreement and Alex's grin got impossibly wider at the mention of crashing into my place.

I shook my head, raising my hands up in yield. "Oh no-no-no-no."

They all expressed their most adorable puppy dog eyes at me except for Alex, who's idiotic grin was still plastered across his face.

"Aww, come on guys. You know how much of a sucker I am when it comes to those faces," I whined accepting defeat.

All their faces lit up and Riley laughed gleefully. "I'm guessing that's a yes," he commented.

I groaned inwardly.

I'm guessing now I have to warn the house.

a/n so I'm really over my ex. Haha. His name's Sam by the way... he's Korean. Enough about that... dude.

I need 20 votes with this chapter before I upload the next one. I'm pretty demanding, I know but I need those votes! Voting's somehow a way of showing how much you appreciate me for uploading or fanning's a good way too. Thanks for reading! Tell me what you think by commenting below!