Chapter Three - Should I tell her the Truth? II

Her eyes widened.

    "M-me?"

    I chuckled. "Yes, you."

    She didn't scream, jump or squeal. She just nodded slowly and grabbed her notebook from my hand.

    "So, what's your number?" I asked even though it was number one on my contacts.

    She scribbled it down on a page of her notebook, tore the edge carefully and gave it to me with that sweet smile again.

    Her smile was too infectious. I smiled back unintentionally and saw her cheeks redden. Did I just make my best friend blush? "Uh, I gotta go..." she avoided my gaze.

    "Okay, see ya!" I grinned and waved at her. "I'm trying to copy Zac Efron's coolness."

    She giggled and waved back shyly. Then disappeared into the crowd.

    "Ready now?" Alex asked, amused.

    I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

    "She's cute."

    "I know."

    "I was talking about my dog," he replied firmly.

    I gave him a dead stare and he laughed out loud. I punched him playfully on his arm until he yelled for mercy. "Okay, okay. You gotta start signing and stuff. Riley's goin' nuts again."

    "You're the one to talk," I muttered.

    "What?"

    I gave him a forced smile. "Nothing man... nothing." Then pushed him towards the signing table.

    Smirking, he pulled up the main chair for me and I stomped on his feet in return. I saw him wince but immediately took the seat beside me, smiling at the growing crowd. He's such a good actor.

    A blonde hair with hazel eyes came up to me first while Alex entertained the fan next in line. And by entertained, I mean decently entertained. Just in case some of you are thinking nasty thoughts out there. Hehe.

    The girl handed me Brandon's c.d. and asked me to sign at the blank paper taped on the back.

    "Do you have a pen?" I asked politely.

    She searched her body frantically and groaned. "I don't have one with me." She was about to aske the others when I remembered Sarah's pink pen.

    "Nevermind, is it okay if I use pink ink?"

    "Of course!"

    I bet she was too excited to think about Brandon using a pink pen to sign autographs. "Here you go." I handed the c.d. after signing and she chirped a thank you.

    "Wait, what's your name?" I wanted to be familiar with Brandon's fans.

    "Hayley," she grinned.

    "Okay. See you soon Hayley." I gave her a friendly smile.

    The next fan, which was surprisingly a guy, told me that he wanted an autograph as a gift for his niece. He cleared his throat when he heard Alex smirk. "Is there a problem?" He looked like he wasn't joking around.

    Alex flashed his most innocent smile and shook his head. "Nothing, nothing." Then he whispered, "He's gay."

    I bit back my laughter. I couldn't really express my own personality because of Brandon's 'image'.

    "Want me to put her name?"

    "Uh, no it's okay..." He muttered under his breath.

    I asked for his name after signing with the pink pen.

    "Dave."

    "Okay, thanks Dave." I grinned. Then I whispered to Alex, "He's definitely gay." and he clamped his mouth to keep himself from laughing but I could see his shoulders going up and down.

    Snorting, almost close to fits of laughter, I greeted the next fan.