Chapter Twelve - Awareness

***

SCARLETT’S POV

I was rushing down the hallways when I heard someone say all too cheerfully, “It’s kinda funny we keep greeting each other like this.”

That voice sounded all too familiar. Kyle.

I walked faster and caught sight of Sarah looking scared as hell. I saw Kyle lean down from his tall height and whisper something in her ear.

“Stay away from her fucktard(A/N: someone tell me what this actually means? Just read this somewhere.)!” I yelled from where I was standing.

Kyle smirked and licked Sarah’s cheek. What the hell was the guy doing? Sarah seemed too shock to move but I wasn’t. I took very long strides towards them and grabbed the asshole by the collar. Darn his height.

His smirk grew bigger and I felt my vision grow dark. “You fucking-”

Sarah interrupted weakly, “Just leave it Brandon…”

I looked at her like she was crazy and let go of Kyle begrudgingly. “Do this again and I’ll kill you.”

Kyle grinned and hell if it didn’t want me to punch the shit out of him more. “Do this again and the tape will go straight to the press,” he said smugly.

My face fell. “Wha-what tape?”

He held out something from behind and let it play, “Do this again and I’ll kill you.” Was exactly what I heard.

He gave me one last smile of triumph and left me standing there dumbstruck with Sarah shifting uncomfortably now and then. It took me five whole minutes to let the words sink in. “Riley will kill me…” I muttered.

***

“You WHAT?!”

I winced at how angry my manager’s voice sounded. Alex just laughed beside me.

I finished explaining what happened and asked them for advise when Riley started yelling at me. “Do you know how much this will affect Brandon’s reputation!?” And this only caused Alex to laugh more. Riley turned to him exasperate, “What’s so funny?”

Alex suddenly grew quiet, which caused me to smirk. I felt him glare at me for a while but then he started to speak quietly, “It’s just that- when people know the real story, they’d wanna hunt Kyle down you know?”

I looked at him strangely and let my thoughts wander off to Kyle being chased by tons of Brandon’s fans. I started giggling.

Riley looked at me with incredulity. “I can understand Alex going crazy, but you too?”

I shook my head and tried to stop myself but I found myself bent down, holding my aching stomach and tears almost spilling down my eyes. “It’s… just… Kyle… with…” the image of Kyle being tied up with a bunch of angry looking girls around him made me laugh even harder.

Now I don’t have to bother holding back.

SARAH’S POV

I can’t believe Brandon actually acted like a possessive boyfriend back there at the hallway. I know I shouldn’t act all happy and giddy but I can’t help it. Just the thought of the guy who makes your heart beat a thousand times faster, the guy who has a voice that can make you forget about the world and the guy who can make you feel like you’re mad, acting like you’re too special to let any other guy near you would definitely make you sigh dreamily.

“What’s up with you?” Gabby eyed me suspiciously.

We were eating dinner on a normal Saturday night and my thoughts drifted over to Brandon once again. I ignored her question and started attacking my untouched dinner.

My mom giggled and chirped, “Our daughter’s in love!”

I felt my cheeks get really hot and I didn’t look up to see how my father would react. It wasn’t like he was overprotective or anything, he was just the type not to feel comfortable with his daughter being with some famous guy in a band. I remember when I brought up the idea of me dating a rock star and he snapped, “Boys like that are not worth your time. They’d move on to a different girl the next day and leave you feeling too bad with yourself.”

I heard Gabby joining my mom’s giggling and I hurried with eating my dinner quickly. When I was halfway through, I excused myself and hurried to my room to call Scar.

Ring.

Ring.

“Hey, you’ve reached Scarlett Brandon! I’m out right now, please leave a message after the beep.”

Beep.

I turned it off without saying anything. I sighed and lunged towards my bed. She’s busy again. Let me just emphasize: again.

I closed my eyes and the image of how her green eyes sparkle and the way her nose scrunch up when she’s laughing too much came into my mind. I felt myself smile and drifted off to sleep.

A/N: Two uploads in one freaking day!? You have got to be kidding me. XD I had so much fun writing chapter eleven and twelve. Hope you enjoyed reading!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks!

P.S. I just hate pressure. It makes me want to not continue whatever it is that makes me feel to pressured. hehe. bye!

Don't forget to tell me what you think!!