Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

***

After Alex announced that he was heading to the third floor, the other guys followed suit with Sarah and me trailing behind.

"What's in the third floor?" questioned Sarah and I wrapped my arm around her small waist protectively.

I grinned, pulling her closer. "You'll see," I whispered in her ear.

She nodded slowly, causing my lips to brush her ears softly. I leaned in closer and stole a kiss.

"Hey!" She slapped my face playfully.

I laughed, touching my cheek with my free hand. "What was that for?"

While we were walking up the stairs, she looked like she was concentrating hard and ignored me.

I suddenly stopped, causing her to look at me questioningly.

I tucked in a lose strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. "I love you." I caressed her cheek with my thumb ever so slowly and heard her breath come out short. It wasn't really a question why she reacted to my touch like that.

She felt the same way towards me, even without her saying it out loud.

She smiled back sweetly and grabbed onto my hand. What she did next surprised me; she kissed the back of my hand without taking my eyes off of me and said in a low voice, "I love you too."

I couldn't take the goofy smile off my face afterwards and then laced my hand with hers. "Come on, the guys are probably thinking of dirty stuff about you again."

From the corner of my eye, I saw her raise an eyebrow when she looked at me disbelievingly. "Just me?"

I took a quick glance at her face and replied nonchalantly, "Of course."

She laughed-the kind that made her deep, brown eyes sparkle against the light and said, "If you ask me, the guys would be thinking of very naughty things about you." She emphasized on the last word.

I shrugged it off and opened the door to the studio where I thought the guys would be in.

When I did open it, there was no one and the place was pitch black.

I closed the door behind me, facing a very confused Sarah.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly.

I shook my head, "They're not inside the studio." I grabbed her hand once more and pulled her with me. "Let's check the other room."

She nodded willingly and followed close behind. "What's in that room?"

I look back, gave her a very eager grin and replied, "You'll see."

She smiled back; looking very amused and rolled her eyes playfully. "Okie dokie!"

I chuckled and let us in the so-called 'play room' impatiently. "What are you guys-?"

What surprised me more is seeing Riley, Josh, Alex Johann and Sam in the room surrounded by confetti and holding party poppers with them. Only Alex was behind them, hiding.

"Happy Birthday!" They cried in unison with Alex slowly emerging in the middle holding a huge, black cake with white icing on top.

A huge grin spread across my face. "You remember my birthday?"

Alex gave me back his signature smile and replied, "Of course Scar. You thought we'd forget?"

"We'd be stupid to forget," Sam muttered and ran a hand through his shoulder-length black hair thoroughly.

My face heated up and I gave a short, nervous laugh. "Yeah, I guess..."

Riley piped up, "You better blow these candles now!"

"Yeah, come on!" Alex exclaimed.

I looked at Sarah and she held out her hand. "I'll help you if you want," she smiled.

I took her outstretched hand and smiled back.

They were burying themselves deeper and deeper into my heart and I couldn't ask for more.

a/n being sick sucks big time.