Chapter Twenty Two

BRANDON

COPYRIGHTS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Chapter Twenty Two

SARAH

They say all good things come to an end... I didn't expect everything to end with one word - that one, stupid word that people mostly like to hear. But no, not this time.

She stopped and hung her head low. "I..." Then slowly... painfully, she looked up, her green eyes sparkling  and whispered, "Yes."

I stumbled back, words clogged up inside my throat.

"Hey, what's going o-" Scarlett's best friend, who probably knew about all about it too, broke the tension that hung between me and her. "Scar! What the heck are you doing here?" He scurried towards her like a mother hen, his face full of raw concern.

Scar shrugged and struggled out of his grasp, "You don't understa-"

He ignored her attempt to explain and rolled his eyes, "You know what Scarlett? You're one stubborn bitch." Talk about harsh. But I guess Alex was always like that.

As if noticing me for the first time, Alex glanced at me with wide eyes-realization dawning through his face for the first time. He cursed under his breath and laughed nervously, "Everything's so fucking screwed."

Scarlett sighed, "Just listen to me alright? I..."

I just stared at them, numb inside and out. I couldn't hear a thing she was saying. All I could remember was seeing her so pale, fragile and trying to look otherwise with Alex battling out her every protest.

Alex spared me a glance and narrowed his eyes. He mouthed something and I just blinked. "...alright?"

I looked down on the wooden floor.

"Sarah, are you alright?"

Emotional turmoil.

It was very hard dealing with that at the moment; with all their questions of concern and reassurance.

"I need to go home," I breathed as I continued to stare at the floor.

"Alright I'll take you home," Scarlett said-more like whispered- reluctantly.

"What? Are you crazy?" Alex croaked.

Seeing that they were busy arguing over the matter, I stood up abruptly and told them monotonously, "I'll take the bus."

They stopped and let me walk off quietly. Scar knew me well enough to not badger me with how I was acting.

I looked back and weakly stated, "Scar... I need time. I'll... I'll call you." I managed to give her one last timid smile and started walking out. As I was about to close the door behind me, I heard her faintly say, "Don't take too long."

And those were the last words I heard her utter.

(A/N just kidding you little rascals. I HATE YOU ALL <3 )

I looked back and weakly stated, "Scar... I need time. I'll... I'll call you." I managed to give her one last timid smile and started walking out. As I was about to close the door behind me, I heard her faintly say, "Don't take too long."

Don't take too long.

a/n This is a filler. The next chapter's A LOT longer and it's already written. ;) all I ask is a couple of votes and 10 comments(smileys are very very welcome-means you actually read my a/n's )... alrighty guys? Love you all! :)

check out the song~>

btw I know I'm not a very good writer... ahahaha. so don't bother with the harsh criticisms, they won't do u and me any good. I read A LOT here on wattpad so, if u guys want me to check out your story, posting something on my board. see yaaz