Chapter Five - Unexpected

Yo guys. I know I owe all of the readers a huge apology for not uploading more frequently... life's just been really, really times a million hectic. AND because of the stuff that's been goin' around, I haven't been in the mood to right something decent. But this chapter's pretty decent. Haha. :D I need your votes if you think so too.

AND COMMENTS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thank you~ Now, on to the story!

[Scarlett's POV]

What the fuck happened the night before?

Scanning the room I was in, my eyes landed on a black empty guitar case beside the black and pink door. Wait. That's mine, right? All of these things are mine!

Where's my Gibson?

I usually just leave it there inside my guitar case shut close... Then, I realized I was wearing Brandon's clothes when I saw my reflection at the huge mirror beside my bed.

Disrupting my slightly disoriented thoughts, my phone vibrated from my pocket and saw the caller ID:

ALEX THE FAGGOT

"What?" I yelled.

He gave a forced cough. "Scar."

"WHAT?"

"Remember anything from last night?

I thought for a moment. "I don't think so..."

"Me too."

Nick. "Tried asking Nick?"

I heard him groan. "You do it. I'm feeling too f*cking sick right now."

I stifled the laughter threatening to come out of my throat. He sounded really annoyed. "Aww... baby Alex is sick! What shall mommy Scarlett do?" He always hated hearing my fail attempt of copying the trademark British accent.

Beep. Beep .Beep.

I roared with laughter, his cute, pissed off face with messy bed hair appeared on my mind. Then I browsed through my contacts and finally found Nick's number. "Something wrong?" I heard him ask nervously a couple of rings after.

"Nick?"

His voice sounded different.

"Yeah, it's me." He yawned.

"Where's my baby?"

After some time, he replied. "I... uh..."

He definitely knew something. I rolled my eyes involuntarily. "You... uh... WHAT?"

"I think... I think you have to see for yourself."

My heart constricted in pain and I whispered, "Okay."

I ended the call, rolled out of bed, took a long, hot bath and slipped into my denim shorts, gray chucks and white v-neck. I took one last look in my mirror and grabbed my Prada messenger bag under my bed. Yeah, yeah. I know. Prada. My family's rich, I can't change that.

I flipped my phone and texted Nick eagerly. "Oy."

I went down from the third floor and my phone vibrated.

 "Door's open wen  u get here"

I walked faster towards our garage and got onto my bike instead of my Harley Davidson then pedaled away.

                                                                                ****

[Nick's POV]

How would I tell Scarlett that I found what's left of her guitar that seemed smashed into pieces with a note beside it saying, "I know who you are... S. Brandon."

She'll freak out.

For the love of God, she'll do more than just freak out. She'll hunt that person down and will get her whole Brandon career in danger. She'll only get herself in trouble. And with her being in love with her girl best friend... well, that's a different story.

I have to make up a story.

I have to make one heck of a story to convince her.

The hell. I'll just tell her what really happened.

                                                                                                ****

[Scarlett's POV]

Nick's front door was open; just like how he said it would be when I got into his house so I barged in like I owned the place. I was too pissed to care.

I stomped towards his room and found him lying lazily on his bed, only in his boxers. His eyes were closed, completely oblivious with my presence.  He yelped out with pain when I pushed him out of his bed, followed by a loud thud.

He muttered something under his breath I quite couldn't hear.

"What did you say?" I asked sweetly.

"Nothing," he winced when I 'accidentally' stepped on his stomach lightly.

I sighed and dropped onto his bed. "What happened to my guitar?" My voice came out almost as a whisper.

I saw Nick sit up slowly and mumbled, "I found this note in the studio."

I shot up from the bed and grabbed the piece of paper from his hand.

I know who you are Scarlett Brandon. Prove me wrong by letting people see Brandon and you in school at the same time.

P.S. Don't worry. I won't kill you...

Not yet anyway.

"Is this some sick joke?" I crumpled it and threw it across Nick's bedroom floor.

Nick shook his head. "Sorry Scar. I don't know what happened... I found this inside the studio beside your..." he trailed off.

"Beside what?"

"Beside you shattered Gibson electric guitar."

I felt my cheeks get hot from anger. "Fuck."

Nick ran his hands through his hair. "Just-just don't do anything yet okay? Just follow what the note says, for your own safety okay? Talk this out with Riley. He'd know what to do."

A/N:

I guess we're already nearing climax here people. Well, I don't really know. HAHAHA. Oh yeah, remember Nick? He's one of their band mates in case some of you forgot. :)

Song for this chappie~~ is Outside by Staind.

The guy in the vid's cute <3 (There are many guys in it but I guess you know who I'm talking about XD) and the song's awesome.

Cute pic of Vanessa Hudgens on the right! <3 <3