Lando Norris- Friends Forever

Backstory

Lando and I have been friends forever. We went to primary school together and our parents were best friends as well. We grew up together and he is my whole childhood. But when we became teenagers we stopped talking. He started racing and travelling a lot and I couldn't go with him. When he was 17 he and his family moved house to be closer to his race team. We tried to keep in touch but he was too busy.

Past

"Please don't leave me Lando" I screamed out of my front door as my best friend got into his car to leave me forever.

"It's not forever gorgeous" he cried in response before he closed the door.

Today is the day that my best friend is leaving. He was offered a position to race in the Formula 3 championship and he took it. That meant he had to move house to live closer to the factory. I always knew he would leave me one day, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

As the engine on his car starts I have time to yell one thing before he wouldn't be able to hear me. "Don't forget me!" I scream before his car disappears around a corner, I fall into a ball at our front door. Will I ever see my best friend again.

Present

I'm heading to Silverstone tomorrow! I'm starting a new job with the F1 team McLaren and it will be my first day. I know that Lando is a driver for them but he probably won't even remember me, right? I am going to be the press manager for his team mate,

Daniel Riccardo. He seems nice.

When I arrive at the track I head straight for the McLaren motorhome to introduce myself to Daniel. As I enter the building I spot Charlotte (Lando's press manager) so I head over to talk to her. She helps me know where I need to take Daniel for each of his interviews, and how the weekend runs.

As I turn away from Charlotte to head to meet up with Daniel I spot Lando. It's been 4 years so I don't think he'll recognise me but he does. He looks shocked, I don't know if he was happy or not. He just stood on the spot not saying anything. As I walk up to him he pulls me into a massive hug and starts crying.

"Y/n is it really you?" He asks me with an incredibly shaky voice.

"Yes, I can't believe you recognised me" I say, on the verge of tears myself.

"Of course I recognise you, I keep a photo of you with me at all times. You were my best friend y/n. I could never forget what you look like gorgeous."

Wow, it had been too long since I'd heard him say that, I missed it. As we pulled out of the hug all of the feelings I once had for him flooded back. He was my best friend and I loved him, but I knew it was more than just a friendship love. I was, and had always been, in love with Lando Norris.