Carlos Sainz- Perfect family

Today is finally the day we get our daughter! Carlos and I have been trying to have a baby for several years but have never been successful. A year ago we decided we would adopt instead. We decided that we wanted to adopt a toddler and a few months ago we got matched with the sweetest little girl. We have met her several times but today is the day she will be moving in with us.

She is 3 years old and has gorgeous blonde hair and blue eyes. It is crazy how much she looks like me.

"Carlos, are you ready to go?" I yelled up the stairs to my husband.

"Coming Emma." He yelled back.

We had created her a massive pack of things that she had previously told us she wanted. The foster home she is coming from has lots of children so she never got much attention. We wanted her to have everything that she had ever wanted so that's what we've done. Every time we've met her previously she has told us how much she wants a dog. So a few days ago we picked up a puppy for her and we are going to give our daughter the puppy when she arrives at our house.

When we got to the foster home she came running out of the home and straight towards Carlos. I know that adoption can often be a stressful process but for our family it has always felt right. We knew it was just meant to be. Both of her parents died when she was a few weeks old so she has never had a proper family and Carlos and I are so excited to be that for her!

"Mama Emma!" She squealed as I picked her up. We told her that she can call us whatever she wants to until she feels comfortable calling us mum and dad and that is what she settled on, muma Emma and dada Carlos. She is too cute.

We went through all the paperwork with her social worker before we took her home. We were told that it would be a few weeks until we could officially adopt her but we didn't care. We finally had our daughter.

As she got into our car she spotted all of her new things. We had brought several of her new toys with us but most of her new stuff was at home in her bedroom. I could see the excitement in her eyes when Carlos did up her seat belt so she could finally come home.

When we got home our new puppy ran up to her and she started to cry once again. She hugged the puppy and didn't want to let go. She knew that she had her very own puppy.

Then we showed her her new bedroom. We had filled the room with all the toys a child could ask for. We had also bought her piles of clothes but we told her that we would take her shopping so she could pick out her own things.

In the evening Carlos and I decided we would have a movie night with her. We took her shopping and let her pick any snacks that she wanted. When we got back home we put on disney+ and let her pick whatever she wanted to watch. She decided that we would watch Frozen 2.

We finally had our perfect family!