Pierre Gasly- Just talk to me

"Come on Josh, we're gonna be late!" I yelled at my boyfriend before putting my luggage in the car. Josh and I have been dating for a few months now and I decided to bring him with me to Barcelona. I work as part of the Alpha Tauri social media team. It's the first testing of the season in a few days and I need to get there early to set up. My best friend, Pierre, got me the job and I will be eternally grateful for it. I have dreamed of working in F1 ever since I was a little girl and he gave me the opportunity.

Josh and I were going on a private jet with Pierre and a few other team members. As soon as we arrived at the airport I ran over to say hello to Pierre, leaving Josh to bring our luggage from the car. When I turned around to look for Josh he looked annoyed. He was pulling both of our suitcases and had my camera bag as well. I felt really bad but I hadn't seen Pierre since the last race of the previous season. As soon as Josh got to where we were standing I introduced them to each other. They both did that weird thing that guys do, when they look each other up and down. Kind of like sizing up their opponent. I thought nothing of it as Pierre was my best friend and Josh was normally like that.

I grabbed my camera bag off Josh as I was worrying about it breaking. He put both of our suitcases with everyone elses and I followed Pierre onto the jet, with my camera bag in hand. I sat down opposite Pierre and Josh sat next to me. The flight was only two hours which I was very grateful for. The boys argued the whole way, about anything and everything. That's when I knew this would be a long few days.

When we arrived at Barcelona it was quite late. Josh told me he was tired so he headed straight to our hotel room. Pierre and I were both very hungry so we headed to a local restaurant. When we sat down Pierre was much quieter than usual and I could tell something was wrong.

"I don't like him" he blurted out.

"Why don't you like him, Pierre?" I asked him, getting slightly annoyed.

"I don't know. He just isn't right for you!" He told me, not looking directly at me.

"You don't get to decide who I date Pierre. My life isn't a fucking democracy!" I yelled, trying not to worry the people around us.

"I'm sorry!" he pleaded. "I just really don't think he's the right man for you!" He told me again, still unable to look me directly in the eyes.

"And why do you get to tell me who to date Pierre? You're my best friend, not my boyfriend!" I yelled again. He looked down and didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"That was your decision not mine!" He said, starting to raise his volume slightly.

"What on earth did that mean?" I asked him, wondering if he meant what I thought he did.

"I can't tell you. You probably won't talk to me again!" He muttered.

"Okay, you're annoying me now. Just talk to me." I yelled again. Getting annoyed he wouldn't be honest with me.

"Look Lexie! I've liked you ever since I met you, I just never told you. When you told me about Josh I thought it was too late. But now that I've met him I know I'm better than him!"

"What the hell are you on about? Do you like me?" I stuttered.

"Um yes..." He whispered, not looking at me once again.

"Are you serious Pierre?" I asked him.

"Yes, I've liked you ever since I met you Lexie!" I couldn't believe it. He actually liked me. I'd liked him ever since I met him but I never thought he liked me.

"I like you too Pierre!" I said shyly.

"Why are you with Josh then?" He asked me, understandably confused.

"I never thought I'd have a chance with you! You're a Formula 1 driver and I'm just someone who works for you." I told him honestly.

We spent the rest of the evening talking about what we were going to do. I decided that I would break up with Josh. I never liked him the same way I liked Pierre. I broke up with Josh the next morning. Pierre and I spent the rest of the weekend together and he asked me to be his girlfriend before the start of the first race of the season.

I finally had what I wanted in life!