Lando Norris- Reunited

This story is from Landos POV

It had been 8 years since I had seen that face.

Darcy and I grew up together. We were inseparable for our entire childhood. Wherever she went, I went. Wherever I went, she went. She was my first kiss and I was hers. She was the only true friend I had growing up.

One day, when we were 14, I woke up and she had gone. My mum told me her parents broke up. She said Darcy and her mum had left in the middle of the night. We didn't have phones growing up so I couldn't contact her. And her mum changed her number immediately. They never came back to collect their things, or to see me. A year after they left a new family moved in, that's when I knew I would never see her again.

8 years later and I was a famous racing driver. I never saw her again, never heard her name, never knew where she was. That was until the British GP at Silverstone anyway.

I showed up on Saturday the same time I always do, ready for qualifying and any more press interviews. I entered the paddock the same way I always do, through the same gates, to the same track I have raced at for all of my career.

As I looked round the paddock I spotted someone I'd never seen before. I know teams have guests all the time, but this person was different. I recognised her, it looked like Darcy. But it couldn't be, right? The person wasn't close enough for me to tell, but I never forgot what she looked like. I started to walk closer when I got stopped for an interview, as I looked back down the paddock she had disappeared.

Was MY Darcy really here?

Qualifying went really well and Daniel and I would both me starting in the top 10. Me starting 4th and him 7th. As I went to leave the track for the evening I saw her again. The same girl, walking towards me. As soon as I noticed her i turned to Daniel, said sorry for ditching him, and ran towards her.

"Darcy?" I yelled as I got closer.

"Hey!" She yelled back, fairly sheepishly.

"What..." I was too shocked to speak.

"I'm so sorry!" She said as she began to cry.

"I missed you" I said, pulling her into a hug.

"You're not mad at me?" she asked, looking into my eyes.

"My mum told me what happened. Of course I'm not mad." I told her.

"Well, I guess you're famous now?" She giggled, looking into my eyes again.

"It was all for you. You believed in me and I did it." I told her. We continued to talk for another 20 minutes standing outside the McLaren hospitality centre before I invited her back to my hotel so we could continue talking.

As we got to my car I opened the door for her. As she turned to thank me I kissed her. I had no idea how she'd react but I had to do it. Before she left I told her I loved her, and she said it back. I didn't care that it had been 8 years. I was reunited with my one true love and I wasn't going to wait any longer.

A/N- hey everyone, sorry it has been so long. Unfortunately this might be the only story for now as my GCSEs start on Monday. I hope you all really enjoy this story. Please remember to send me and requests.

I also wanted to thank everyone for over 13k reads!!!