Charles Leclerc and Jules Bianchi- Forever His Angel

I can't believe it has been 8 years since Jules died. It still feels like yesterday that Jules was telling me that he and Camille were going to have a baby. Jules died a few weeks after Camille gave birth to their gorgeous daughter and it really was one of the hardest days of all our lives. Everyone who ever loved Jules was there to support Camille on that day. Camille ended up naming her Julia Anna Bianchi.

After that day the whole of my family vowed to be there for Camille whenever she needed us. Camille moved in with us for a few years so we could all look after Julia together. Her first word ended up being "Chars" which was both very sweet and made me an incredibly happy uncle. I could just imagine Jules telling me that she was always going to love me more than him as I spoiled her rotten. She was our angel baby and every day she was looking more and more like Jules.

When Julia was 4 years old we brought her to her first F1 race. I had just joined Ferrari and I really did feel like I was living Jules' life. It made me sad knowing that I probably wouldn't be in this position without him in my life, but having his daughter with me as I went to my first race for Ferrari helped me stay calm.

As soon as I entered the garage with Julia everyone could immediately tell who she was, she looked exactly like him. A few of the mechanics who had worked with Jules had tears in their eyes. Julia quickly started to walk around the garage and Camille had to follow her anywhere to ensure she didn't get into any mischief. I could imagine Jules running after her, worrying she was going to hurt herself. He had done it with every child that had visited him in the garage before. He loved children and we all knew that Julia would have immediately become the whole purpose to his life.

Today is Monaco GP 2021 and Julia has come to yet another race with me. Camille brings her to all the races in Europe, and Charlotte and I often bring her to races in the rest of the world. Julia is now 8 and has recently joined a Junior Karting Competition and is doing amazing. She has a small red kart with the number 17 on the side of it. Every time I see her racing in the kart it reminds me of watching Jules race when I was younger; she races just like him, she's a natural.

When Julia, Charlotte and I get to my garage Julia asks me the same question that she has every race for the last 3 years, "When can I sit in your car uncle Charles?" She asks me. She is used to me saying no, however this time I say yes. I was finally going to let her sit in the car. I wanted us to be at our home race as I knew Jules would be watching over us. He would get to see his daughter's first time sitting in an F1 car.

I pick her up and put her down in my seat. We give her a booster so she can look out of the car and Charlotte and I instantly start to cry. She looks more like Jules than she ever had before, there was finally a Bianchi sitting in a Ferrari. Charlotte began to take photos of her. We were going to have as many photos of her as possible.

I knew at that moment she would race for Ferrari one day. Julia would forever be Jules' angel. She would manage to do everything Jules got denied, she would do it all for him. And she would be allowed to do it using his number.

This story was a request from  

I hope you loved this story

If anyone else has a request please send it to me and I will complete it as soon as possible :)