Chapter-12

Chapter-12

Lucas Alberto's POV

It's Monday morning. Weekend went by so quickly as usual. The company with us and Piccolo's will be finalized in two weeks. Everything went well until Felisa caught us. I hope I didn't put her in trouble. She looked scared. It's not like we did anything wrong. But I felt like I got caught doing drugs. Felisa looked very angry. And then Marcus, he just keeps making jokes, cause she doesn't stop laughing.

I wanted to lift him up from his chair and throw him off before sitting myself down there. She has to only look at me. Fuck! What's wrong with me? Why am I thinking like this? But was he really that funny? What did they talk about? I can make her laugh. If only we talk. We have to stop this silent game. I have to talk to her. I can't forget how she nearly said my name. It keeps reeling again and again in my mind.

Fuck! I am at office. I should concentrate on work! God! You know what? Fuck this! I will just talk to her and take her out! The knock on the door brings me back.

"Come in."

Daniel opens the door. He comes and places some files on my desk. "I analyzed these contracts and marked the changes we need to make. I will mail you the remaining details."

"Mm. Good. Ask Ms. Piccolo to come and meet me. I have to speak with her."

"She left in the afternoon. She said that she informed you. She has completed her work for the day."

I frown. She left.

"You want me to call her-"

"Don't. Leave it. Go to back to work."

He gives a nod and goes out.

She informed me? Pulling out my phone, I find a message from her.

Lucas, I need leave from afternoon today. It's kind of urgent. I have informed the HR team and sent you an official mail too.

Opening my mail, there is an official leave applied by her for the half day.

Mr. Alberto,

This is to bring to your attention that I will not be present for the later part of today's work time. It's for personal reasons that I need this leave. I have applied for a leave to HR and they have accepted it.

Regards,

Annabel Piccolo.

My research team, does not need to ask me for permission, they have to contact direct HR for it and just inform, which she did.

Kind of urgent? Personal reasons? What can it be? Now I just can't concentrate on work. I take my phone to message her, but what should I ask.

Where are you? What are you doing? What's kind of urgent? What personal reasons? Wouldn't that be too stalkerish?

I sigh. This is getting so out of hand I can't ask her. We are not that close, yet we are not that far. If only we were dating.

Where are you?

I send out the message and wait for her reply. Many scenarios play in head as I wait. Did Mrs. Piccolo get too angry at her? Did something happen at their house? If she is in trouble for that, I need to go and explain. There is nothing wrong in what we did. I like her and I would like to take her out on a date. Hopefully, Mr. Piccolo would agree.

There is still no reply. Come on, Angel!

I am at home. I have some work.

Her message reads. Okay. So, it's not about us. She has some work. What work?