Chapter 3

Lucas Alberto’s POV

“Cancel the deal with them. I am not interested…. I don’t care how much they invested! I want the deal to be off!”. Almost shouting at my manager, I cut the call. How dare he tell me to think about my decision twice?! I always make right decisions! I hate people who try to betray me. They should be happy that I didn’t screw them for trying to deceive me.

“Are you done?”, I heard a voice which sounded bored and looked beside me to see my good friend have a boring expression on her face.

“Is this party really necessary Gemma?”, I asked her annoyed. My parents and her parents are throwing a welcome party for me as I am coming back as the Duke officially. I like parties, that is with my friends, not with all the parents and business magnets. But who can stop them, they are Alberto and Piccolo.

“Of course it is! Everyone from our childhood will be there. Rachel, Tom, Aria, Jammie, Lorrie, Fiona and almost all of them”, she said excitedly.

“But, I have been in touch with them all the time”, I tried to make a point.

“Yes. But meeting them all in person is different. Although there is only one person whom you might have not been in touch with. My only step sister, Annabelle”, she said and looked out of the car window that we are currently sitting in. After Annabelle, whatever she said, I didn’t hear it. Hearing her name made my heart flip.

Wait! Annabelle! She will be there? She will come to the party? I want to see her.

“-So I think it will be great”, I heard Gemma say and came out of my thoughts before looking at her.

“Annabelle is really coming there?”, I asked to confirm.

“Yes. She is a part of Piccolo family. She will come. But tell me this, I never understand why you always suddenly get interested whenever I rise her topic?”, she asked looking at me with a smug look.

“No. I don’t. Nothing like that”, I tried to defend.

“Yeah, whatever you say”, she said sarcastically. I stared at her for a minute before talking to her.

“Can I ask you a question?”, I asked her and she looked back at me.

“What is it?”.

“Why do you hate Annabelle?”. She looked at me like I lost my mind. I just waited for her to answer. She huffed before answering.

“I don’t hate her. I never did. Or in that care I don’t love her. I just…. don’t care”, she said looking down at her fingers.

“No. I don’t agree that you don’t care. You don’t show it out. Come on, I have been your friend since ever. I know you very well. Whenever your mother calls, you ask her about your step sister at least once”.

“Yes. But…. Just leave it. I don’t want to talk about it”, she said waving off the topic.

Gemma may sometimes come out as a rude person, but she is a real softie inside. A. Real. Softie. Me and her have been good friends and will always remain that way.

“We are almost there”, she said smiling back at me.

Soon, the car stopped and we got out of the car. My big mansion came into view. We both walked inside. There were huge bright lights. The front doors were open with guards standing beside them. They greeted me and I gave them a stern nod before going inside. Gemma is walking right beside me. Once I walked inside me, I saw my parents and Gemma’s parents, along with all my other friends.

The atmosphere is quite serious. Mrs. Piccolo is have an angry expression on her face. Mr. Piccolo is looking at his wife angrily. My parents stood beside them in looking at them. What happened here?

“Mom”, I called out lightly. She looked at me and her eyes widened in happiness. She quickly walked to me opening her arms and hugged me. I hugged her back before pulling away. She kissed my forehead. My father came and hugged me too before patting on my back.

“I missed you son”, mom said hugging me. I smiled at her.

“I missed you too mom”.

“Come on son. Let me introduce to everyone here, although they all know you”, he said smiling. He walked up the steps that are in the middle of the house as I followed behind and stopped in the middle. He turned around and I did too. “Ladies and Gentlemen! Presenting my son, the Duke, Lucas Alberto!”, my father announced proudly with a hand on my back. Everyone cheered and the atmosphere changed.

We came down the stairs and everyone congratulated me. Although had a fake smile on his face, like he just want to get out of here. All of my friends congratulated me.

Where is Annabelle?

Then I heard a squeal and a felt a hand on my shoulder. The person turned me around and suddenly the alcohol in their glass fell on my shirt by accident. I looked up and found Andria. Her eyes widened once she saw the stain on my shirt.

“Oh no! I am sorry. I am really sorry! I didn’t mean to. I just wanted to greet you”, she apologized. I rolled my eyes at her. She is normally a rude person and a complete bitch.

“It’s okay. Excuse me guys”, I excused myself and went to the guest room to go to the bathroom.

I looked down at my shirt to look at the stain on my shirt that I didn’t notice the bathroom door open. I took another step forward and I felt someone collide me. Before she could fall, I put my hand around her waist to make her stand straight and looked into her eyes. Those blue eyes and that beautiful face. My heart skipped a beat.

Annabelle. Angel.

A/N:

Hey my cute dumpings!

How is it? Did you like it? Do you guys like Lucas? Please support Annabelle and Lucas. Do suggest cast for Lucas here.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.