Chapter-24

Chapter-24

Warning: Contains mature content.

Annabelle Piccolo's POV

I feel my heart slowly breaking. I can't believe what I am seeing. It must all be my imagination. Lucas wouldn't do that to me.

Please let it be my imagination!

At the sound of my gasp, they pull away and my eyes meet Lucas. His eyes widen. There it is. The guilt! I close the door and rush to the elevator. I feel so humiliated.

Why is this day so hard?! Why!

First Robert, then the news of Lucas carrying me outside the club and now... this?!

All my friends are in the elevator as they are boarding it.

"Hold on." I try to sound strong but my voice comes out weekly. I feel angry. I feel betrayed. I feel hurt. Daniel sees me coming and holds the door. Aria and Micheal are about to smile at me, but the tears in my eyes must have been very visible that they stop. I go in quickly.

"Ana, are you alright?" Nicole's concerned voice sounds beside me. I feel Alessandro's worried gaze from my right and I don't respond. If I speak, I will break. I bite my lip. I push the closing button of the lift door.

"Stop!" Lucas yells as he runs towards us. I feel so angry and I don't want to look at him. I don't even look at him. I don't even want to know who he is kissing with her on his lap. The image burns in my head and brings more tears to my head. I thought he only kissed me like that. I keep pushing the close button, like the harder I push the faster the doors will close.

"Oh my God!" Aria murmurs as Lucas nears the elevator and the doors start closing. They are just about to close when he puts his foot between them. I gasp. I can't even run away! The doors start opening and I keep my head down not wanting to look at him. I can't!

"Come with me." Lucas holds out his hand. I just look at it and look away. My fingers push the close button again stupidly. I hear him sigh. "Let me explain." He urges. I shake my head still without looking at him. He leaves out a breath as he runs a hand through his hair. "Fuck!" He yells. The tension in the lift builds.

"Lucas!" We hear another voice from behind him and I look up to see who it is. Lucas's eyes are still focused on me. I don't meet his eyes though. I don't think I can hold back the damn of tears that I am holding back. She is walking towards him. Her eyes meet mine as she nears us. I gasp again as I realise who it is.

It's Andria!

My heart pinches. She has always hated me. She made sure that all the kids her age didn't play with me. She used to call me all kinds of names but after certain point it stopped hurting me. She always loved playing with Lucas. I guess it's still the same.

My eyes dart back to Lucas, who eyes are only focused on mine, waiting for me. I quickly look down.

"Oh, is this Annabelle?" She asks him and he doesn't respond. "You are working here?" She asks innocently. I am sure she must have known I am because it's all over the news now. "Lucas, she is an illegitimate heir. You can't have her working for you! It's not good for your company." She tells him out right. I bite the inside of my cheek. It's not the first time she said something like that.

"What the fuck?!" "Did she just say that?!" "Bitch!" All my friends murmur behind me.

"Excuse me! I don't know who you are, but we are not living in the 1500's or something!" Aria speaks from behind me. "She is a hard working woman and not some spoiled brat! You don't get to talk about our friend like that!" Aria's voice is stern.