Chapter-30

Chapter-30

Annabelle Piccolo's POV

"Papa!" I gasp and go for him as he dangerously takes a step closer to Felisa. She is standing there wide eyed and with her mouth hanging open in shock. He stops as I stand in front of him. He looks at me and then back at her. He looks so angry. I have never seen him this angry. I am scared.

"I always thought you were just stubborn and wanted to be loved, but this?!" He spits. "You dropped so low that you can't even see what's right or wrong!" He yells. "You wanted to hurt me, then Lucas?" My eyes find Lucas's and he stands there just stoically staring at Felisa. The thought that he might have been hurt is like a knife to my heart.

The thought that my two favourite men, my powerhouse, could have been hurt... I just can't.

"You are so obsessed with your thoughts that you just don't see what others want! You just don't care!" Papa yells again. He moves past me and goes close to Felisa. She looks scared. "You don't even care for our daughter wishes!" He is in her face now. "Did you ever think about what Gemma would want?" She looks away. Her jaw clenches. "Look at me!" She turns her head quickly at father's command.

Lucas comes to stand beside me. He wraps his hand around my waist and pulls me possessively close. I look at him and he closes and opens his eyes in a way to assure me.

We did it. As weird as it is, I understand him.

We did.

"I have always ignored your wrongs thinking you might understand all of our patience, but you just-"

"Stop calling yourselves as victim!" She yells. "I have been the victim since this marriage started!" She points to herself.

"You will never change!"

"You never gave me the chance-" Felisa is cut off.

"Stop it!" We all hear a voice from the background. All of our heads turn and we see Gemma standing at the entrance of the kitchen with her eyes full of tears and her head in her hands. "Just stop it!" She lets out a sob and I move out of Lucas's hold to reach her.

If in this whole process, I am sad for anyone, if I feel thins enormous guilt for anyone, it's Gemma.

In just five minutes, she heard her mother admit to hurting her father and her best friend. She heard her mother admitting to manipulate Gemma and Lucas to get married. She heard her mother pain of not being loved and now she is watching her favourite people, the people she trusts the most fight with each other.

My heart lurches out for her. She looks so broken. Before any of us can reach her, she rushes out of the room.

"I will make you pay for this. For playing with our lives." He tells her with such determination before turning around and reaches me. He looks hurt as he meets my eyes... like he can't look at me... like he is guilty for not taking care of me. I shake my head at him. He looks at Lucas and me before going out of the kitchen to follow Gemma.

Now it's just me, Lucas, Lucas's parents and Felisa. Lucas's mother, Mrs. Alberto walks up to Felisa. Her face looks murderous.

"I always thought you just got bitter because of life, but this?!" She sounds really angry and disgusted by what her friend has done. "You plan to hurt my son?! He grew up in front of you for Godsake!" Felisa opens her mouth to say something but is cut off again. "I will never forgive you for this. Never!" Mr. Alberto is by his wife's side and holds her like Lucas has his hand over my waist.

"It is foolish of you to even think that you could hurt my son, The Duke." He sounds angry too. "You have gone far too deep this time. No one can save you now."