Chapter-15

Chapter-15

Annabel Piccolo's POV

I forget myself in his kiss. All the thoughts about right and wrong go out the window. I let everything go and give myself to him. It was so magical. It was so... indulging. I don't even know how to kiss. I feel his tongue roaming in my mouth and tighten my hold on his hair. He pulls me closer and holds me tight and we are both out of breath again. We stop again. I am breathing air like I am pulled out of water.

He is breathing air just like me. His one hand is on my waist. I suddenly realize what I was doing. Oh, this not right! What are you doing Annabel? I was to take off my leg that around his waist, but he holds it in place, letting go of my waist. He holds my chin and lifts my head up, so I have to look at him. I meet his sea green eyes. I remember the first time I saw them. We were so small. I am still in the bliss of the kiss.

"Lucas." His name slips out from my lips.

"You are going to go on a date him? You think I would let that happen?" Anger is clear in his voice. I look away. This can't happen. We... can't happen. This is the first conversation we are having. This is not how I imagined it would go at all.

I am speaking to him for the first time, only to tell him to never speak to me again. How ironic?

"I told you to wait and you said you were waiting." He runs a hand through his let as he let me go and removes a button of his shirt. "Something happened right? What happened, Angel? Tell me!" He comes near me again. I get myself together and take a deep breath.

How am I supposed to tell you that we can't happen? I can't come in between you and Gemma. I don't want to be someone who spoils other love story. It won't end good. I can't do it, especially when I know that she likes you.

"Angel." Oh, how I wished to hear him call me that. Now that he does, I want to push all the reasons away and just lay in his arms. "He lifts my chin up, gently this time and asks sweetly. "Tell me, please. I will go mad if you don't. What is it?" I have to be honest with him at the least.

"Papa is thinking about you and Gemma and getting engaged. He likes Marcus and he wants me to give him a chance."

"What? What the fuck?" He sighs. "Who came up with this stupid notion that I like Gemma?"

"I know that you don't. I know that..." Can I say it? Can I say it confidently now? "I know that you like me." His face softens and he looks relaxed for a second.

"So you know. You know how I feel for you and I know what you feel for me. Oh fuck! All this hide and seek. Fuck it! Let's go and tell them that. Let's tell them that we are dating." He holds my hand and is about to pull me along with him to the hall where they all are sitting. My heart fills with... something warm, that he is not afraid to announce it to the world.

"That's not the question here, Lucas." He stops and that's it... reality comes undone. I reach and place my hand on his cheek. "I know that what we have is something more than like." He takes the hand that's caressing his cheek and places a kiss on it. I look at him and his eyes are filled with... Oh my! No! "My mom has been the third person in my father's marriage. Unknowingly. But still, it doesn't change the damage their relationship caused."

"Angel-"

"I don't want to be a third person in Gemma's love. I can't do that. I can't make the same mistake again. It's still early and we can-"

"Gemma doesn't love me, Angel." He nearly shouts. What? "She doesn't. In fact, she is the one that's been helping me pursue you."

"What?"